View  Edit  Attributes  History  Attach  Print  Search
Main / Apr0116

Apr 01 16 - Diplomatic Entanglements - Barber for Hire

[Master] ==== Gaming session started: Fri Apr 01 18:20:36 EDT 2016 ====

[Master] Hugh D'Ambray moved 14'00".

[Master] [Shurkural]] moved 19'04".

[Master] [Marisu]] moved 29'08".

[Master] Kenna Westfoot moved 41'01".

[Master] Kenna Westfoot, Hugh D'Ambray, Anton, [Marisu]] and [Shurkural]] moved 90'01".

[Master] Kenna Westfoot, Hugh D'Ambray, Anton, [Marisu]] and [Shurkural]] moved 84'10".

[Master (to GM only)] Bugbear #32 moved 474'10".

[Master (to GM only)] Bugbear #30 moved 353'03".

[Master (to GM only)] Bugbear #29 moved 249'07".

[Master (to GM only)] Bugbear #28 moved 453'08".

[Master (to GM only)] Bugbear #27 moved 189'05".

[Master (to GM only)] Bugbear #26 moved 232'04".

[Master (to GM only)] Bugbear #25 moved 702'09".

[Master (to GM only)] Bugbear #24 moved 719'11".

[Master (to GM only)] Bugbear #23 moved 610'07".

[Master (to GM only)] Bugbear #22 moved 573'00".

[Master (to GM only)] Bugbear #21 moved 365'09".

[Master (to GM only)] Bugbear #20 moved 299'08".

[Master (to GM only)] Bugbear #19 moved 390'08".

[Master (to GM only)] Bugbear #18 moved 426'09".

[Master (to GM only)] Bugbear #17 moved 521'06".

[Master (to GM only)] Bugbear #16 moved 573'01".

[Master (to GM only)] Bugbear #15 moved 602'08".

[Master (to GM only)] Bugbear #14 moved 248'00".

[Master (to GM only)] Bugbear #13 moved 306'07".

[Master (to GM only)] Bugbear #12 moved 226'10".

[Master (to GM only)] Bugbear #11 moved 183'10".

[Master (to GM only)] Bugbear #10 moved 162'06".

[Master (to GM only)] Bugbear #9 moved 591'06".

[Master (to GM only)] Bugbear #8 moved 552'10".

[Master (to GM only)] Bugbear #7 moved 473'04".

[Master (to GM only)] Bugbear #6 moved 474'11".

[Master (to GM only)] Bugbear #5 moved 458'02".

[Master (to GM only)] Bugbear #4 moved 389'00".

[Master (to GM only)] Bugbear #3 moved 339'06".

[Master] Kenna Westfoot, Hugh D'Ambray, Anton, [Marisu]] and [Shurkural]] moved 20'08".

Lisa has joined the game on Fri Apr 01 19:05:29 EDT 2016

Lisa is receiving the map Base Map...

Lisa has received the map Base Map.

[Master] Hello

[Lisa] Hello. I am waiting for a call that might make me leave in about 10-15 minutes.

[Master] ok

[Master] Mario will not be in

[Master] Mike never responded to my text or on the site

[Master] did you have a chance to catch up on the site with what the situation is for the Barber group?

[Lisa] No. I am trying to match the level of effort expended by the other players. I bet Mike would not read the chat log and so I didn't.

[Master] the very short nutshell.... Jilly and Sere are the only two not in chains and bugbear slaves

[Lisa] ok

[Master] We have two days for the people in the City

[Master] to catch up to where they are

[Lisa] well other group should have gone here: http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/2008808-29000-year-old-siberian-unicorn-fossil-found/

[Master] I saw that story this week, it is fun

[Master] I think we should give Mike a couple of minutes

[Master] but if there is anything you want to do in the city

[Master] it is the morning after the Feast of the Basket

[Master] Branwyn can do what ever she wants

[Lisa] I know what I wanted to do

[Lisa] not sure if tmo is leaving as planned on his trip

[Lisa] whether mike wanted his character to go with ilero or stay

[Lisa] or if they care

[Master] nods, that is what I wanted Mike to comment on

[Master] what he wanted his two characters to do

[Lisa] my car got recalled and I have conflicting info as to whether it is ready

[Lisa] car guys are supposed to cal me back

[Master] that sucks, what was the issue?

[Master] I ahve to take mine in on Monday for a recall

[Lisa] if I go today then I have to return rental car and then go to dealer and check out

[Lisa] piston ring replacement

[Master] the brakes can stop working if the temperature goes under freezing

[Lisa] controversy over how long sealant needs to set

[Lisa] so yours isn't an emergency

[Master] nope

[Master] just have to have it done, has been a couple of weeks

[Lisa] mine kinda was so I am stuck

[Master] that does stink

[Master] if it is not done now, then in the morning?

[Lisa] they said it had to set overnight so I got the recal rental

[Lisa] but now it might be tonight

[Lisa] I should just ask if Honda will just pay for the rental overnight and let me pick up in morning

[Lisa] is stupid

[Master] they should

[Lisa] If I knew it was a 1 day thing I just would have called Uber to take me over there or something and not dealt with rental

[Lisa] they had no small cars left so I had choice of monster pickup truck or minivan

[Master] chuckles

[Lisa] so I took soccer mom mobile

[Master] you in a minivan?

[Lisa] yes

[Lisa] and it has 1/4 tank of gas

[Master] smaller tank than the pick up I would guess

[Lisa] no clue but have to fill it to 1/4 tank to return

[Lisa] but at least pistons won't fall out of the engine because the seals break so it is all good on my real car

[Master] it is an important feature

[Lisa] anyway - I had tea with remorgas and wanted to go to royal library

[Lisa] not sure if they can be done same day

[Master] you can do the library first if you watn then tea

[Master] then back to the library

[Master] if you like or invite him to tea someplace else

[Lisa] I don't want to be seen with him in public

[Master] ok

[Master] OK, so I am ducking into the restroom then we will start with the library?

[Lisa] I guess - as soon as we do the car guy will call

[Master] and back

[Lisa] ok

[Master] and I was stupid and deleted the librarian when I deleted the Palace map

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (ilporn)

[Master] (nods, but no icon for him just a name now

[Ilporn (Master)] Hello Ambassador Branwyn

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Good morning Ilporn. How are you today?

[Ilporn (Master)] I am well,

[Ilporn (Master)] no one has visited the library so it has been a good week

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Well, I am about to ruin your good fortune it seems.

Ilporn (Master) grimaces

[Ilporn (Master)] Very well

[Ilporn (Master)] but you have to promise not to touch anything

[Ilporn (Master)] ANYTHING

[Ilporn (Master)] the last time you were here people died

[Ilporn (Master)] and you were cursed

[Ilporn (Master)] OH did you solve that ?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Oh no. Demons visit via scroll if I so open them.

[Ilporn (Master)] so you have to go confront the owner of the book?

[Ilporn (Master)] well the previous owner

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You don't happen to know what plane of hell that book came from do you?

[Ilporn (Master)] I did not know it was Hell

[Ilporn (Master)] but now you say Demons

[Ilporn (Master)] but Hell makes more sense than the Abyss

[Ilporn (Master)] which means it would be a devil I thought?

[Ilporn (Master)] but I am not certain, I do not know that much about the lower planes

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I have no idea. Whatever would send me hellhounds and fire elementals

[Ilporn (Master)] That sounds like Hell to me

[Ilporn (Master)] fire in a library?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] No . Fire in my courtyard

[Ilporn (Master)] if Hell is on fire how do they keep books?

[Ilporn (Master)] but I suppose you did not burn

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I have no idea. I haven't been there.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Anyway, I was more interested today in the book that sends out a freezing trap.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] The blue one?

[Ilporn (Master)] you think that will combat fire?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It belonged to a mage named Detho. I was wondering if you had any information about him.

[Ilporn (Master)] I could check the records

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Or perhaps Chornlin the Chosen One? He could have been Detho's master.

[Ilporn (Master)] but if he owned the book before it came to the library that would be hundreds of years ago maybe

[Ilporn (Master)] Chornlin ?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] That is the name I was given.

[Ilporn (Master)] I have not heard of that name before

[Ilporn (Master)] I doubt he is from the City

[Branwyn (Lisa)] He is connected to Ashcroft Manor in some way.

[Ilporn (Master)] Chorlin or Detho?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Chornlin.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] One of his servants came to us at the house during a seance.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I don't think he was simply passing by and decided to drop in.

[Ilporn (Master)] did he say Ashcroft Manor? or the Palace? or ?

Branwyn (Lisa) sighs

[Branwyn (Lisa)] We had a seance at Ashcroft Manor, which used to be a palace.

[Ilporn (Master)] That makes sense, and that is also true

[Ilporn (Master)] it still is a palace, just not THE palace

[Branwyn (Lisa)] This servant of Chornlin the Chosen One appeared

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Yes

[Branwyn (Lisa)] He spoke of an apprentice with a blue cloak

[Branwyn (Lisa)] We have frozen girls dropped at our feet.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You have a book with a freezing trap that is blue.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I thought it worth following up on.

[Ilporn (Master)] that sounds like a likely cause and effect

[Ilporn (Master)] I am curious if your ghost? spirit? what do you summon?

[Ilporn (Master)] if they said Ashcroft Manor or not

[Branwyn (Lisa)] They showed up there. I assume for that to happen they must be connected to the palace in some way.

[Ilporn (Master)] Or the place right?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I don't think I would be summoning spirits from across town.

[Ilporn (Master)] EXACTLY!

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Correct.

Ilporn (Master) excited now

[Ilporn (Master)] Just a moment

Ilporn (Master) runs down an ailse

[Ilporn (Master)] alise

[Branwyn (Lisa)] aisle

[Ilporn (Master)] sigh

[Ilporn (Master)] Comes back with a scroll

[Ilporn (Master)] I found this after you said you were investigating things

[Ilporn (Master)] it is a map of the manor

[Ilporn (Master)] the palace

[Ilporn (Master)] did you know you have secret rooms in your basement?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Yes, it is where we have our seances. It is a little shrine room off the sewer entrance.

[Ilporn (Master)] AHHH

[Ilporn (Master)] can I come?

[Ilporn (Master)] that would be very interesting

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It seemed appropriate.

[Ilporn (Master)] to see what they know

[Ilporn (Master)] we have so little remaining from that far back

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You may come if you like. I am not always successful and the spirits do not answer many questions.

[Ilporn (Master)] it would be over 400 years ago

[Ilporn (Master)] who knows what was there

[Ilporn (Master)] what did the Ashcrofts demolish to build their Palace?

[Ilporn (Master)] and were those rooms there before?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I have no idea.

[Ilporn (Master)] well we need to find out!

[Branwyn (Lisa)] We really can't ask then that many questions...

[Ilporn (Master)] that is what researching is all about!

[Ilporn (Master)] how many/

[Ilporn (Master)] can you feed them and they stay?

[Ilporn (Master)] maybe offer them a drink?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Oh maybe 1 to 3.

[Ilporn (Master)] I don't let food or drink in here obviously but.... oh

[Ilporn (Master)] well

[Ilporn (Master)] I guess they have to be good questions

Branwyn (Lisa) gives puzzled look "they are spirits. They do not eat and drink."

[Ilporn (Master)] then what do you think would make them stay?

[Ilporn (Master)] wizards are always researchign ways to capture things

[Branwyn (Lisa)] We are?

[Ilporn (Master)] so how do you keep a spirit

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I am not that kind of wizard

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You don't.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] How would you like it if I put you in a cage simply because I have many questions?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Hmmmm ....

Ilporn (Master) looks around the room that he is locked in

Ilporn (Master) looks back at Branwyn

Ilporn (Master) raises an eyebrow

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles

[Ilporn (Master)] do you promise to invite me to the next time you summon a spirit

[Branwyn (Lisa)] In any event, I will send you an invitation to the next seance.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I promise

Ilporn (Master) moves tot he back then brings out the blue book

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Do you think there is a chance we can find anything about this Detho or Chornlin the Chosen One?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I'm not sure I want to open that again.

Ilporn (Master) hands the book to Branwyn

[Ilporn (Master)] you can take this with you

[Ilporn (Master)] if you swear I can be at the next seance

[Ilporn (Master)] Original research

Branwyn (Lisa) mouth drops open

[Ilporn (Master)] orginial sources

[Ilporn (Master)] that would be so amazing

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Of course you can come.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I just hope you won't be disappointed.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Do you think you might recognize them when they appear?

[Ilporn (Master)] I am not certaint hat ANYONE knows what was there before the Ashcrofts razed the hill and build the Palace

[Ilporn (Master)] I do not know many people from 10 years ago let alone 400

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles "I thought perhaps you might have seen portraits"

[Ilporn (Master)] The Ashcrofts were all burned at the stake as heritics and all property confiscated

[Ilporn (Master)] any paintings would have been burned centuries ago

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Well, if we get a really old spirit next time, I will even let you ask the questions.

Ilporn (Master) stammers, thank you

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I am really only interested in who is freezing young girls and dropping them on our property.

[Ilporn (Master)] Well that can't be the Ashcrofts can it?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I would think that would be fairly recent.

[Ilporn (Master)] are they girls from around here?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I don't think so. The guard didn't recognize them and no families are posting notices of missing girls. I do not think anyway.

[Ilporn (Master)] Well the books from Princess Dasandri are only about 150 years old

[Ilporn (Master)] so if this book belonged to someone freezing girls they could not be Ashcrofts

[Branwyn (Lisa)] This book from Detho is 150 years old?

[Ilporn (Master)] at least

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And how long has it been in the library?

[Ilporn (Master)] It is part of her collection

[Ilporn (Master)] they moved that from the old Palace to the new Palace back in 1149

[Ilporn (Master)] That was 117 years ago

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Hmmm... the connection grows cold.

[Ilporn (Master)] most of the city died in 1010

[Branwyn (Lisa)] So to speak

[Ilporn (Master)] so if you are talking about people who lived before then

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Maybe we can move to a simpler topic.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Do you have any information on Normadry?

[Ilporn (Master)] who is Normadry?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] ((call)

[Master] ok

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (car is ready - I have to go)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (sorry)

[Master] OK

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (I'll check in )

[Master] pop back in if you have time

Lisa has left the game on Fri Apr 01 20:00:27 EDT 2016

TMO has joined the game on Fri Apr 01 20:06:53 EDT 2016

TMO is receiving the map Base Map...

TMO has received the map Base Map.

[Master] Howdy sir

[TMO] I see I'm not first in, fortunately. Sorry I'm late though.

[Master] Mike is on his way, updating the laptop now

[TMO] left work late, then had a couple semi-emergency errands to run

[Master] Ilero has two days

[Master] today is the morning after the Feast of the Basket

[Master] Branwyn left to the Royal Librtary

[Master] see above

Mike has joined the game on Fri Apr 01 20:09:30 EDT 2016

Mike is receiving the map Base Map...

Mike has received the map Base Map.

[Mike] hello

[Master] Hello there

[Master] So did you read?

[Master] the chat logs of the last two weeks?

[Mike] sigh. no...

[Master] OK, so super short nutshell

[Master] you have to make a choice

[Master] Sere can either be A - a prisoner of the bugbears along with EVERYONE ELSE

[Master] at will double the hit points of the party and spells and etc.

[Master] or B - be by herself alone against 35+ bugbears

[Master] in the forest

[Mike] lol

[TMO] (well, our HP isn't *nearly* as dire as it used to be)

[TMO] (but it's not 100% either)

[Mike] and stealithly kill them off one by one rambo style?

[Master] at one point Kenna had more hit points than the entire rest of the party combined

[Master] it was bad

[Mike] i guess i'll join everyone in jail

[TMO] (aye)

[Master] is why I texted you to read

[Master] grins

[Master] OK

[Master] so

[Master] I will let TMO tell you the basic details

[Master] then we will switch back to the city and Ilero and Elenara

[Master] as they are two days behind

[Master] and the ace in yoru pocket is.......

[Mike] what illegal adventure is he taking her on now?

[Master] Seremella Psyndarryn moved 382'04".

[TMO] you wound me, sir

[Mike] i like the way she's been strong armed into these underworld activities

[TMO] basic sit is we were taken prisoner by bugbear slavers when we were nearly dead from the ants. They've got us chained up in the middle of their camp. Kenna managed to get off some surreptitious heals, but was noticed the next morning and we were all separated.

[TMO] I don't think "strong-armed" is the right word. ;) Ilero was as surprised at the underworld connection as anyone.

[Master] refilling drinks as you come up with plans

[Master] I am away from the keyboard.

[TMO] iirc, the next trip for Ilero is up to that port city. And yes, probably another underworld thingy

[Master] I am back at the keyboard.

[Mike] okay, i made myself a drink too

[Mike] attempting a pimms cup

[Mike] but i'm missing mint and it's not quite right

[Master] chuckles

[TMO] I have tea, because soda is Baaaaad

[Mike] melinda's mixing up sazaracs

[Mike] so what are we up to in the city?

[Mike] have we figured out what indigo's girlfriend is up to?

[TMO] nope!

[Master] I am here to react to what you want to do in the city

[Master] as of right now we are going with the idea that it is the morning of the 28th for the Barber group

[Master] Jilly is the only one not captured

[Master] we will catch up everyone else as we can

[Master] then deal with that chain of...... later

[TMO] so we're just Ilero and Elenara at the moment?

[Master] yes

[Master] alone in the big city

[TMO] I am back at the keyboard.

Ilero (TMO)] Come, let us elope and declare our love to the world!

Ilero (TMO)] (I need to read up on this mission of Ilero's, shouldn't take long)

[Mike] "What? Do people really do that?"

[Master] Laughs, do you want us to give Melinda that idea?

[Mike] who's she going to elope with?

[Master] LOL you I would hope

[Mike] we've been seperated for over a year

[Master] I know

[Master] but I have not seen anyone else pop up on her feed

Ilero (TMO)] (hey... did the scroll saying to meet a ship at Feybark Strand happen to mention the name of the ship?)

[Master] nope

Ilero (TMO)] yyyeahhhh... I just read the page on Feybark Strand itself.

Ilero (TMO)] >_> What are you setting me up for this time?

[Master] who me?

Ilero (TMO)] *eyebrow raise* Really?

[Master] perhaps Mike should read that?

Ilero (TMO)] Ilero wouldn't have read about it himself, so it's OOC knowledge for him

[Mike] lol. so we're off to the docs?

[Mike] docks?

[Mike] been using google docs too much

Ilero (TMO)] medical ship - dock with docs

Ilero (TMO)] let's pick gear first

[Mike] I am back at the keyboard.

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "I don't really have gear. Just myself."

Ilero (TMO)] (switching to in-character)

[Ilero]] (TMO) grunts. "Needs some food and such. You has cloak?"

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Yes. I have a simple travelling cloak."

[Master] Traveling options are the roads like the Barbers took OR hiring/finding a ship going up river

Ilero (TMO)] (Bob - do you know if we entered the gems from Ferrin's Crossing onto any of the site pages?)

Ilero (TMO)] (I'm thinking boat)

[Master] not that I know of

[Master] it would be the party pack

[Master] and you can click the History link to see the changes

Ilero (TMO)] added it to Party Pack

Ilero (TMO)] Hokay. Know not'ing 'bout Feybark Strand or who meeting. Just "meet ship."

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Oh. Uh. Well okay."

Ilero (TMO)] Still want go?

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Are we going to another card game?"

[Ilero]] (TMO) shrugs.

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Well Branwyn seemed like she wanted me to help you..."

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Maybe we're run into the Duke again."

[Ilero]] (TMO) nods. "'Kay. Make sure armed in case danger."

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "It was fun making him feel uncomfortable."

[Joseph Shortkin (Master)] Is there anything I can help with today?

[Joseph Shortkin (Master)] Branwyn has already left for the Royal Library

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "I don't have any weapons."

Ilero (TMO)] You know anyt'ing Feybark Strand?

[Joseph Shortkin (Master)] What weapons would you like?

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Well, I guess I have my sling."

[Ilero]] (TMO) looks at Ellenara in surprise.

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "I'm not really a weapon kind of girl. More of a spell kind of girl. Though I don't know many yet."

[Joseph Shortkin (Master)] Feybark Strand is a pirate landing spot north of Northam

[Ilero]] (TMO) bites his lip for a second, thinking.

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Well, if you think I should stay here I guess I can."

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] but then we don't have much of a night. heh

[Joseph Shortkin (Master)] (by the way, not sure of starting time if any next week yet, still no word on the timing of the event, it is in Miami Beach)

[Ilero]] (TMO) shakes his head. "Nono, is fine. Just t'inking."

Ilero (TMO)] What kind spells got?

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "These days I keep a chromatic orb and a cantrip memorized."

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "I used to have read magic, but with all the demons..."

Ilero (TMO)] What orb do?

[Joseph Shortkin (Master)] she does not have Cantrip as a NWP?

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Just damages people right now."

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] she's got cantrip

[Master] so there is no reason to memorize it as a spell

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] oh. okay then

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] so she's got an orb and read magic

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] because she's so damn studious

[Master] OR two Orbs

[Master] your choice

[Master] and you need to use the library and start learnign a spell or three

Ilero (TMO)] (Marisu needs to do that too)

[Master] especially now that her spell books are lost in a forest

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] character wise, she'd have orb and read magic

Ilero (TMO)] (she's picked up a few at least)

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] why is her spellbook lost in a forest?

Ilero (TMO)] (the bugbears didn't take our stuff)

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] when did she ever go into a forest?

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] she's stayed in the city

[Master] (nope, they left the wagon there with the "junk" in it

Ilero (TMO)] (Marisu is on the Barber mission)

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] her spellbook would never leave her bob

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] that makes no sense.

Ilero (TMO)] (We're talking about Marisu, not Ellenara)

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] oh. okay.

[Master] Spring will be in but very late, around 10 EST, so another hour at least

Ilero (TMO)] (I forget, what season is it?)

[Master] in the calendar, Mid Winter

[Master] although in two days it will move to late winter

Ilero (TMO)] (can a non-mage use a Protection scroll?)

[Master] it is cold

[Master] and yes

[Master] snow, ice, etc.

Ilero (TMO)] Ellenara, know if t'is scroll Protection Cold work for just one person or more?

Ilero (TMO)] We gots two here, not sure if need bot'.

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "One."

[Ilero]] (TMO) slips both scrolls into his pack.

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] brb. need a refill.

[Ilero]] (TMO) takes a couple of potion vials- both Elixirs of Health, one Oil of Armour, one of Gaseous Form, and one of Protection from Magic.

Lisa has joined the game on Fri Apr 01 21:03:51 EDT 2016

Lisa is receiving the map Base Map...

Lisa has received the map Base Map.

[Master] welcome back LIsa

[Master] that was faster than expected

[Lisa] really? they couldn't find my keys

[Master] oh man

[Lisa] 5 guys runing around in circles

[Master] so while you were gone TMO and Mike decide that Ilero and Elle would go off to Feybark Sound

[Master] on the morning of the 26th

Ilero (TMO)] (I think Ilero might just take that scroll of Protection from Undead permanently. ;) )

[Master] so they are heading out

[Lisa] ok

[Master] Branwyn is at the library that morning she left and Joseph said she would be at the royal library all day

[Master] so back to the library and Ilporn?

[Master] while we wait for Mike?

[Lisa] mike is gone?

[Master] getting drinks

[Master] I presume you have your car? they did find your keys?

[Lisa] oh he'll be back in a couple minutes

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] bak

[Lisa] yes it was in some guy's drawer

[Master] when Mike gets back, Ilero and Elle need to find a way north up the river

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] hey lisa

[Lisa] Hi

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] i'm making complicated cocktails tonight

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] gotta muddle stuff

[Lisa] ok

[Lisa] smiles

[Master] so with Ilporn?

[Lisa] no need to stop tmo and mike from continuing

[Master] TMO?

[Lisa] we can get back to library later

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] we're only just starting out to the docks

Ilero (TMO) (to GM only)] Character sheet for [Ilero]] modified: Consumable Magic Items - ADDED: Protection—Undead, , , . ADDED: Elixir of Health, , , . ADDED: Elixir of Health, , , . ADDED: Potion of Gaseous Form, , , . ADDED: Oil of Armour, , , . ADDED: , , , .

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] he's going to turn elle into a criminal mastermind

[Master] grins

[Lisa] much more fun than the next city council meeting

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] eventually he'll become her puppet head of the unified thieve's guild

Ilero (TMO)] please, he'd have to become one first, and he's anything but a mastermind

[Master] but everyone thinks.....

Ilero (TMO)] grrrr... :P

[Master] so off to the docks?

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] HEY YOU STOP THERE

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] MOVE IT NOW YOU BARNACLE

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] I SAID MOVE IT

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] MOVE MOVE MOVE

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "I think we're supposed to move."

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] WHAT THE DEVIL ARE YOU THINKING IDIOT

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] GET THAT OUT OF HERE NOW

[Ilero]] (TMO) taps the dockmaster on the shoulder from behind.

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] WE ARE ON A SCHEDULE

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] MOV EMOVE MOVE

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] HEY!!!

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] WHO ARE YOU?>

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] OH1

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] puts down the megaphone

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] sorry about that Master Ilero

[Ilero]] (TMO) rubs his ear.

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] what are you down here for?

[Ilero]] (TMO) shrugs.

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] expecting a new shipment?

Ilero (TMO)] Need boat going nort'/

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] not expecting anything for the Ambassador until the day after tomorrow

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] what do you need it for?

Ilero (TMO)] Was asked go place called Feybark Strand.

Ilero (TMO)] Not know not'ing 'bout it.

Dockmaster #2 (Master) laughs

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] oh really?

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] in the winter?

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] I thought that was only in the summers?

[Ilero]] (TMO) shrugs and raises his hands in a "who knows" gesture.

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] no one goes to Feybark you understand

Ilero (TMO)] Why not?

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] but Northam, then north of that

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] well the Prince would say Pirates

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] the Navy would say Attack

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] and Captains would say Sail

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] there are things that sail out of there you understand

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] just not things that the Ambassador wants to be involved in

[Ilero]] (TMO) nods. "Can tell anyt'ing on place? Note not say not'ing."

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] if the taxes at Northam are too much.....

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] I can find you a captain to tak you there

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] when do you want to go?

[Ilero]] (TMO) smiles. "T'anks."

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Master Ilero is not currently on the Ambassador's business."

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "We are here in an independant capaciy."

[Ilero]] (TMO) shrugs. "Whenever."

Dockmaster #2 (Master) fromws

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] you do not have a time?

Ilero (TMO)] Note just say 'meet ship'. No name, no time.

Dockmaster #2 (Master) grunts

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] Ok I will ask around

Ilero (TMO)] Got not'ing else do now, so try it.

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] see who is sailing upriver and is willing to stop by there

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] shall I send a messager to the Ambassador' residence?

[Ilero]] (TMO) tips her a gold piece. "Yah"

Ilero (TMO)] (yes, it's overpaying probably)

Dockmaster #2 (Master) grins, thank you

[Dockmaster #2 (Master)] I understand

[Master] so heading back to the residence to await word?

Ilero (TMO)] T'anks.

[Master] or other stops?

[Ilero]] (TMO) looks at Ellenara. "You need any'ting?"

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "No, Master Ilero."

[Ilero]] (TMO) starts walking back toward the 12 Leaves bookstore. "'Kay. Hye gots one."

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "I like book stores."

[Master] (last night Illero was there for the Feast of the Basket)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (thought he skipped it)

Ilero (TMO)] (we just didn't RP it)

Ilero (TMO)] (ok - have an unopened box of Wheat Thins here, best if used by Apr 2015. Think they're still any good?)

[Master] yes

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] so mel and my fireind are waxing poetic about bowie and i just introduced them to chris hadfield's space oddity

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] and they are blown away

[Master] chuckles at Mike

Ilero (TMO)] (been a while since I've seen that)

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] which, tmo and lisa, if you are not familiar with, go watch it

[Master] how did they miss that

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] they aren't true nerds like me

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] i dont' just like scifi, i like sci

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] so are we just chiling in a book store?

[Master] http://www.dragonslayers-society.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.DLC-DryadsHill

Ilero (TMO)] (no, have a plan)

Ilero (TMO)] Scuse. Gots question.

[Man (Master)] Yes what can I help with?

Ilero (TMO)] Gots map or book 'bout place call Feybark Strand?

Man (Master) frowns as he thinks

Ilero (TMO)] (Ilero has that cartographylike skill, so he likes maps)

[Mr. Snevile (Master)] I am not sure that I have anything specifically about that Master Ilero

[Ilero]] (TMO) nods. "Was long shot. Maps not common."

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] cool. because elle could spend weeks in a book store

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] brb

[Mr. Snevile (Master)] Perhaps a cartographers journey along the Narva

[Mr. Snevile (Master)] There might be mention

[Mr. Snevile (Master)] more about the Cordrawn Hills you understand

[Ilero]] (TMO) looks interested. "Sound like book hye like anyways."

[Mr. Snevile (Master)] a Famous Greek Explorer,

[Mr. Snevile (Master)] obviously not the fashion now a days

[Mr. Snevile (Master)] Euoripes

Ilero (TMO)] Hokay, sound good. How much?

[Mr. Snevile (Master)] he traveled from Lake Terra all the way to Lake Pepius

[Mr. Snevile (Master)] documenting the flora and fauna

[Mr. Snevile (Master)] for you? 15 silver

Ilero (TMO)] (I suspect he's undercharging. by a lot, or just a bit?)

[Mr. Snevile (Master)] Shall I send a bill to the Residence

[Mr. Snevile (Master)] (make an intuition check)

Ilero (TMO)] [Ilero]]: INU check: (d20) [1d20=16] 16 - ROLL FAILED against 11!!

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] back

[Mr. Snevile (Master)] He is undercharging you by at least 500%

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (lol)

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Do you have any tomes on magic theory?"

Ilero (TMO)] Yah. Please.

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "I know the royal library has the most, but since we're here I'd like to look."

[Mr. Snevile (Master)] I am sorry we are not that sort of store

[Mr. Snevile (Master)] I have a few on the theory of transmutation of traits of animals

[Mr. Snevile (Master)] that I bought from a collection of an elven mage,

[Mr. Snevile (Master)] if you like elven magic? being elven and all?

[Mr. Snevile (Master)] not that I would presume all elves are interested in the same magic

[Mr. Snevile (Master)] I would guess most are interested in nuts, berries, trees, that sort of nature magic?

[Ilero]] (TMO) watches Elenara.

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Oh yes."

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "I would love to see that."

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "That sounds fantastic."

[Mr. Snevile (Master)] Should I send them around to the Ambassador's residence?

[Mr. Snevile (Master)] I can wrap them up for you

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "I am an elven mage learning my craft. So since I'm away from my lands I'd love to read another elve's works."

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Yes. thank you."

Ilero (TMO)] Yah, please.

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] ::bows::

[Mr. Snevile (Master)] very well

[Mr. Snevile (Master)] I will forward them and the bill to the ambassador

[Mr. Snevile (Master)] good day

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] ::in elvish:: "Thank you very much for this wonderful gift."

[Ilero]] (TMO) nods and leaves.

[Master] Ok so the two of you go back to the residence

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] ::smiles at the clerk and follows Ilero::

[Master] back to Branwyn quickly

[Master] and Ilporn

[Master] anythign else in the Royal Library?

Ilero (TMO)] (nonono - Lisa doesn't get to play!)

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "I'm sorry I got distracted, Master Ilero. I hope you don't mind."

[Master] LOL

[Ilero]] (TMO) shrugs. "Is hokay. Branwyn same way."

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] ::smiles:: "That makes me happy."

[Master] Branwyn XP award: 1250. Next level in 360761.

[Master] [Ilero]] XP award: 500. Next level in 53535.

[Master] Ellenara Psyndarryn XP award: 250. Next level in 2700.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (library?)

[Master] yeap

Ilero (TMO)] (you want us to play any NPCs?)

[Ilporn (Master)] you have to bring this back tomorrow

[Ilporn (Master)] just in case anyone asks for it

Ilporn (Master) puts the blue book in Branwyn's hands

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles

[Ilporn (Master)] just let me know when you summon the spirits

[Ilporn (Master)] and I will be there with my questions

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I will bring it back and I will send you a note for you for the seance.

[Ilporn (Master)] Who are you summoning next?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] But I also wanted to ask if you had anything on Normandry

[Ilporn (Master)] this will be so good

[Ilporn (Master)] who is Normandry?

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] i know all about normandy.

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] medieval and wwii

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] -)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It's a place west of here. Barony or something like that.

[Ilporn (Master)] I do not know

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I am looking for information on old Greek churches there and tombs.

[Ilporn (Master)] but there are far too many Countries in Terraguard

[Ilporn (Master)] someone shoudl combine some of them

Branwyn (Lisa) laughs

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I wouldn't want to be the one to try that!

[Ilporn (Master)] it would be easier

[Branwyn (Lisa)] That is very true.

[Ilporn (Master)] if it is greek you are looking for I would guess that you should try one of the other ambassadors

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I could do that. Or perhaps the Celestry keeps notes on its competitors.

[Ilporn (Master)] or they silence all dissenters

[Ilporn (Master)] I go to church once a week

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Let's not talk about that.

[Ilporn (Master)] and stay in teh library the other days

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Ahem ... that is very good of you.

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] why are we looking into normandy?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Well I shall keep you no longer. Thank you for your help.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Look for my note in the next week.

[Ilporn (Master)] Thank you

Branwyn (Lisa) walks out keeping the book tightly closed

[Master] OK so middle of the day on the 26th

[Master] Ilero, Ellenars and Branwyn are there

[Master] awaiting their guest for the afternoon

[Master] you can discuss what you are trying to accomplish, and what happened this morning

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Joseph, can you please put this book in the library and under NO circumstances open it.

[Ilero]] (TMO) drops down into a chair and kicks his feet up onto a nearby small table.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] This is the book that killed Abe the Apprentice

[Master] is that THE book?

[Master] how did you steal it from the Royal Library?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Yes, Ilporn lent it to me for some strange reason.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] NO I did not steal it!

[Branwyn (Lisa)] He wants to come to our seances and so offered it to me for a day.

Master puzzled

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I wish Marisu was here with her speed writing.

Ilero (TMO)] He have my seat.

Joseph Shortkin (Master) puzzled

[Joseph Shortkin (Master)] did you tell him how often you succeed in a seance?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I don't think it will help us.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I told him it was not guaranteed. But I have only failed once out of what ... five times?

[Joseph Shortkin (Master)] I have only been at two and you failed once

[Joseph Shortkin (Master)] The first time I was accused of murder

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Well I have had two seances at the house and two at the Waverlyn house that were asll successful.

[Joseph Shortkin (Master)] I tried to stay away after that

Ilero (TMO)] You been accused more t'an once?

Branwyn (Lisa) bristling a bit

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Anyway, I'll deal with the book later. Maybe I should open the book and toss the red scrolls in it.

[Joseph Shortkin (Master)] I am here to do your bidding

Ilero (TMO)] What is book?

[Joseph Shortkin (Master)] It killed Abe

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You know. The one that almost froze your hand that day at the library.

Ilero (TMO)] Oh. Yah. Luck.

[Joseph Shortkin (Master)] I think I will take this downstairs now

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] Branwyn?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Yes?

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] Did you have any requests for the afternoon?

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] I was going to visit the Naval Yards this afternoon

[Branwyn (Lisa)] No, I don't think so other than dealing with Lord Remorgas.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You?

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] You have had a couple of requests for visits, I was going to go see if you are needed, or if you can send Sir Indigo

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] When will he be back?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] All right. Though I have no idea when Indigo shall return.

Spring-14787 has joined the game on Fri Apr 01 22:03:07 EDT 2016

Spring-14787 is receiving the map Base Map...

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] ahh

Spring-14787 has received the map Base Map.

[Spring-14787] hullo

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (Hi Spring)

Ilero (TMO)] (hi!)

[Master] so apparently you were sucessful last week?

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] hey spring

[Master] it was a fun time?

[Spring-14787] hi hi hello

[Spring-14787] i was successful at several things. are we talking about the computer? i am so satisfied with it

[Master] and the caucus

[Master] did you take M&Ms?

[Spring-14787] oh yes, that too :-)

[Spring-14787] no, alas we didn't take M&Ms

[Spring-14787] it was mayhem in there

[Master] yet you were sucessful

[Master] I can guess

[Spring-14787] :-)

[Master] are you a delagate now?

[Spring] no, we didn't stay that long. we'd been there hours and johnny doesnt have that kind of stamina

[Master] ahh,

[Spring] and besides, i'm still unaffiliated

[Master] did you know that Spring is going to work for Trump?

[Master] ;P

[Spring] i don't feel right trying to be a Democratic delegate

[Spring] LOL!

[Master] but back to the important things

[Master] right now it is the early afternoon on the 26th

[Spring] like my computer. it's a retreat office lease. love it

Spring listening

[Master] in the City

[Spring] *retread

[Master] BUT you as Kenna have woken up in the morning on the 28th

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] brb

[Master] and there at the other end of the line is Sremella

[Master] waking up from her long sleep

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (for you guys waking up seems to be a success)

Ilero (TMO)] (we like difficult challenges)

[Master] Jilly is gone, the rest of you are all chained up and it is morning

[Master] for when Mike returns

[Master] but Spring can comiserate with TMO about that

[TMO] I am back at the keyboard.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (you are in a petrie dish and part of some weird evil sciemce experiment?)

[Marisu]] (TMO) gives the others a tired smile.

[Master] and TMO and Mike and Lisa have people in the Residence about to host tea with a city Council member

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] i'm here

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] sorry, didnt' actually get up

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] (hehehe it does look like a petrie dish)

[Master] so a quick conversation with the prisoners/slaves in the bugbear village

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] so they plan to sell us then

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] did anyone hear just where?

[Master] not yet

[Marisu]] (TMO) shakes her head. "It's a long shot, but maybe there will be someone there I recognize. Or at least their family."

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] hmm

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] wel we know chatting does not work

[Master] (shur or Marisu could make Intuition checks as they remember what Indigo told them)

Marisu (TMO)] [Marisu]]: INU check: (d20) [1d20=8] 8 - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 16!!

[Master (to TMO only)] Marisu remembers that Indigo tells the story about being captured on a ship by Bugbears, wrapped up in a canvas bag and being sold to the Man in the Red Cloak as a slave to work with the goblins he had working a mine

Marisu (TMO)] Indigo was captured from a boat. I don't remember what town he was taken to though.

Shurkural (TMO)] [Shurkural]]: INU check: (d20) [1d20=14] 14 - ROLL FAILED against 13!!

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] brb

Kenna Westfoot (Spring) racks her brains trying to think of something

[Master] you can guess you will be treated decently, slaves can fetch a good price

[Master] Greeks use slaves among the humans

[Master] Kayugans do not

[Master] of course Pirates

[Master] and the Humanoids

Shurkural (TMO)] (back in a few)

[Master] we also ahve the conversatoin of Branwyn, Ilero and Elle

Shurkural (TMO)] (time for me to put kids to bed)

[Master] ok

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] :-)

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] (i'm looking creatively through my spells)

Shurkural (TMO)] (please do, because my two have bupkis)

Shurkural (TMO)] (unless cantrips can defeat a village of bugbears)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (did mike decide to rescue or be a slave too?)

[Master] slave too

Shurkural (TMO)] (slave too)

[Master] and?

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] (well, i could make a fog)

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] (since it's daytime, faerie fire is no good)

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] back

[Master] So Mike Sere can talk with Kenna this morning

[Master] to plot and plan at least

[Master] for next week

[Master] then we jump back to the city

[Master] and try to finish off the day

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] arg. oaky

[Branwyn (Lisa)] So the royal library made it seem like any connection to the freezing spell book would be too old to be our freezing mage

[Branwyn (Lisa)] He also had nothing on Normandry anf so I do not know where this Greek temple tomb is yet.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Perhaps we can ask Ambassador Lorilop if she knows anything.

[Mike] I am back at the keyboard.

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] let me know when we're back in bugbear land

[Master] (now)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (oh sorry thought we switched)

[Master] (doing both)

[Master] Branwyn plus in the City and Sere and Kenna in chains)

Branwyn (Lisa) rattle rattle

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (at least they aren't cannibals -when Bob posted they were having you for breakfast I thought you were the breakfast)

[Master] grins

[Master] that is a fun idea

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] (heh)

[Master] so Mike comments, ideas, help?

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] ummmm

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] yeeessss?

[Master] Kenna?

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] (still rifling the spell list for dreative ideas)

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] *creative

[Master] I think talking with Sere right now is more instructive

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] i'm trying to check my spells, too

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] Sere, can you feign death?

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] checking....

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] don't think so though

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] i can. i can also help someone else do it too

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] yes

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Yeah."

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] oddly enough, i thought i'd have a better escape spell

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] hmmm i wonder if we could "kill" us all. they would have to dispose of us

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] do bugbears practice cremation?

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "I can make a blade of flame and cut mine, then all fo your bonds.

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] that sounds attractive. we do not burn in the process?

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Might hurt me some, but we'd be free."

[Master] OK so Lisa, while they are researching?

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] hmmmm spike growth would be good if this were not packed earth

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (ok)

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "I can call in an obscuring fog, summon a blade of flame and get us free."

[Master] I am here to jump back and forth from place to plac

Branwyn (Lisa) pulls out her note as she waits for Lord Remorgas to arrive

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] how high do you think this wall is around the billage?

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] *village

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "High enough to hamper us."

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "How many do you think are in here?"

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Perhaps we could kill them and hold the town?"

[Master] (at least 10 foot tall)

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] surely twenty five at least

[Master] (hugh had guessed 35 last night)

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] i think there are roughly 25 bugbears

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] at present

[Master] So jumping back to the City as Kenna and Sere talk and scheme and plan

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] AMbassador Branwyn

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] I am so glad you chose to meet with me

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] who is in the bugbear camp?

Lord Remorgas (Master) nods at Ilero and Ella

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] ooo a swarm of wasps, hornets, or bees

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] (Kenna, Anton, Sere, Hugh, Shur and Marisu)

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] Branwyn? Did you have any questions for me?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Thank you for coming Lord Remorgas, Please have some tea.

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] so no big powerhouses

Lord Remorgas (Master) warm smile, thank you

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I would like to ask your opinion of anonymus notes.

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] (lol Mike Sere is the big powerhouse, along with Kenna )

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] Oh?

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] what sort of notes have you received?

Shurkural (TMO)] (back)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] One concerning you as a matter of fact.

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] really?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Personally, I despise anonymous notes.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It is cowardly.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And I do not quite understand in this case why the author thought I might comply.

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] What did they ask?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] But I thought it would be only decent of me to warn you of potential enemies

Branwyn (Lisa) hands him the note

Lord Remorgas (Master) reads

Lord Remorgas (Master) frowns

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring) (to Mike only)] short of turning myself into a tree, i have nothing else. the insect swarm will only attack one enemy

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] This is a troubling thing

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Yes it is.

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] I wonder why they involved you?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I have no idea.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Unless it was to trap me in some way.

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike) (to Spring only)] yeah. we probably have similar spell lists

Lord Remorgas (Master) chuckles

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike) (to Spring only)] like i said, i can get us free, but that' sit

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] I doubt that you are trapped so easily

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring) (to Mike only)] well i definitely don't have the fire knife thing

[Branwyn (Lisa)] But I find it especially worrisome since that note arrived the same day that a request from the Council arrived requesting my assistance

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring) (to Mike only)] we may have to wait until we are in transit to escape

[Branwyn (Lisa)] The Rng of Calamar

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] to assist with which task?

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] AHHHH

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (Ring)

Ilero (TMO)] (is Ilero here?)

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] can you actually find that?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (yes)

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] (yes)

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring) (to Mike only)] once we are in the woods, i have a lot more abilities. growing spikes, entangling vines, stuff like that

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (wait for him to tell you how many undead guard it)

Ilero (TMO)] (was Remorgas the one at Ferrin's Crossing?)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (was waiting for someone to notice)

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring) (to Mike only)] well not a LOT more abilities, but more than now

[Branwyn (Lisa)] What does a City Council need a ring of power for?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And who would keep such a thing?

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] I am not certain who guards such a powerful artifact

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] and of course we could use such a thing to assist in making sure the city is safe

Ilero (TMO)] (Remorgas was not at Ferrin's Crossing)

Ilero (TMO)] Who would use it?

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] well of course someone we trust

Ilero (TMO)] Politics not got much trust, no?

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] someone who we can all agree on

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (yes he was unless Bob got the name wrong - 2-5-16 chat log)

Ilero (TMO)] (I missed that one in the logs - looked in teh Jan logs)

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] (I had the name right, grins)

Branwyn (Lisa) laughs loudly

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] okay, guys

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And who can the Council all agree on?

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] i'm fading

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] i'll think over some ideas for getting out of the bugbear village

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] (night Mike, add to things on the site during the week so SPring knows what is happewning)(

Mike has left the game on Fri Apr 01 23:05:18 EDT 2016

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (did anyone ask the bugbears if they've seen any unicorns?)

Ilero (TMO)] (they don't speak common)

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] Well I can think of one person who could potentially wield a magical ring that would be acceptable by the Council

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (that is something that seremella has - she can speak 2 changuages spell - if it works for any of her choosing she could at least talk to them)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (just a thought)

Ilero (TMO)] T'anks, but hye t'ink I busy t'at day.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Prince Loplin?

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] warm chuckle

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (languages - eek)

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] Well Prince Loplin is not a practicioner of magic that I know of

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Is it a ring that may only be worn by a spell caster?

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] From what I understand a mage who wears the ring has the power of truth

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] and who would not want truth in a meeting?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] That could be handy. At least it isn't a ring of death.

[Ilero]] (TMO) hides a grin behind his hand.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] So where is this rumoured to be at the moment?

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] I have no clue

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Where did you learn of such a thing?

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] Somewhere north of the Velika river

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] in the Wildlands

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] it is supposed to be in the hands of some Elven wizard

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And you wish me to steal someone else's ring?

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] not to steal

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] to bring its power to the city

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] you are obviously more experienced at such things

[Branwyn (Lisa)] If I had a ring of truth I don't think I would just hand it over to strangers.

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] and no one knows who or where the elven lands are or if they actually do have it

[Branwyn (Lisa)] For any price.

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] I am certain that if anyone is capable of bringing such a gift to the city you are

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I will tell you that I do not think we shall be able to help in this.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] The Celestry has plenty of truth spells if you need them. A ring is unnecessary.

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] Perhaps you ahve not noticed our member from the Celestry is not quite so..... active as you are

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Oh, there are boatloads of priests in the city you may call upon. You do not need Father Tranto himself.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (Is Jenn here?)

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] Ahhh well he is the official representavie so if we were to request a new one...

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] (no)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Not a new one. Just an assistant from time to time.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I do not feel comfortable trying to procure a ring from a practicing mage.

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] Well I am pleased to say that you would be the best person to have for the posistion

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Of if they do not have it, try to find such a small item in the whole of the Wildlands.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Father Tranto's assistant?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (is it father or uncle - I forget)

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] no no the person to find such a prize

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] (father I think)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Then I am sorry that I cannot assist.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] But I am glad that I was able to give you that note so that you may be warned of any future difficulties.

Lord Remorgas (Master) nods

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] thank you

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] and if you do change your mind I will be glad to pay you for such an item to assist the council

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] a prize of 10,000 Gold would be appropriate do you not think?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] That would be quite generous. I shall speak with my people and see if they are amenable.

Lord Remorgas (Master) bows

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] Thank you

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You are quite welcome.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (parting shots tmo?)

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] Thank you for such a lovely timne

Ilero (TMO)] Maybe play cards wit' you again some day.

Branwyn (Lisa) raises eyebrow

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] That would be very interesting I am certain

Lord Remorgas (Master) bows and exits

Ilero (TMO)] Hye not good player, but is a bit of fun.

[Ilero]] (TMO) waves.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] So two requests for magic items.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] One guarded by powerful undead and the other a needle in a haystack

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And probably on the hand of a good elven mage

[Ilero]] (TMO) looks at the walls of the room. "Not look like genie lamp to me."

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Well, we don't have to decide until the group comes back with the unicorn hair.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I'll try to find out more. Perhaps Ellenara can tell us more about the Wildlands.

Ilero (TMO)] 'Not'er genie wish trip, t'at.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Well everyone seemed to be tired of endless days in the salon, so perhaps they shall welcome another quest when they return.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] They are probably having a lovely time. I just wishJilly had not gone with them.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Another day accounted for. When do you leave for Feybark Strand?

Ilero (TMO)] Not'ing.

Ilero (TMO)] Boats not go t'ere. Maybe pirates.

Ilero (TMO)] Dockmaster ask captain for me.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] So you aren't going? Or just not taking a boat?

[Ilero]] (TMO) shrugs. "Boat easier. But hye not swim it."

Branwyn (Lisa) laughs

[Branwyn (Lisa)] If there is more danger than expected, would you like Joseph to come with you? He has some experience with pirates I believe.

Ilero (TMO)] Not sure. Mebbe. Lsat time hye meet pirates, hye nearly kill you.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] But you didn't. Andl I'm not going now, am I? I have quite forgotten about that.

Ilero (TMO)] Hye not.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Don't let it worry you. Hopefully the daggers won't be so close to throats on your trip. If it was a fair fight it would have been all right.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I suppose pirates don't fight fair though.

[Ilero]] (TMO) shrugs. "Hye pick up some potions to take. Mebbe useful."

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Good.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And there must be a reason you have been invited.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Do you think you were invited to an ambush? [Ilero]] (TMO) shrugs. "Possible, but why?"

Ilero (TMO)] 'Course, Ferrin's Crossing was not 'bout me, so ambush might not too.

Ilero (TMO)] Someone like or not like Regor, use me instead.

Branwyn (Lisa) frowns "I don't like that"

[Ilero]] (TMO) snorts.

[Master] Kenna Westfoot XP award: 250. Next level in 4372.

Ilero (TMO)] Hye not happy neet'er.

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] (heh)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Have you written him yet? Maybe he will write you for next month's post.

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] (thanks)

Ilero (TMO)] Hye usually try not bot'er him unless needed.

[Master] (everyone always gets an XP reward for participating)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I don't blame you for that. BUt that man does seem to know everything that goes on everywhere...

Ilero (TMO)] Wonder how many guards talk wit' him.

[Master] (restroom) [Branwyn (Lisa)] I have no idea how he does what he does.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It is disturbing.

Ilero (TMO)] Mebbe magic?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I don't know. You've spent weeks with that hideous man. Ever see any?

Ilero (TMO)] Probly not recognize if sat on it.

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles

Ilero (TMO)] Anyway, trip to deserted port in winter sound fun.

[Master] back

Ilero (TMO)] No idea why, or who.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It'll be a surprise

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] :-)

Ilero (TMO)] Goin wander empty streets, hollering "Who send for Master T'ief Prince?"

[Master] OK

[Master] grins

[Master] so everyone understands what the situation is as of the moment?

[Master] we are on the evening of the 26th in the city

Ilero (TMO)] Any ideas you has for stopping t'at story, hye like to hear.

Ilero (TMO)] Hye be turning into Regor copy in everyone's minds.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I'm not sure that is a good thing. But it might protect you in some cases.

[Ilero]] (TMO) sighs.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (we don't have any plans that I know of for the night of 26th of you want to move to the next day)

[Master] was letting the group decide

[Master] we can make that happen next week or during the week online

[Master] just in case someone comes up with an idea

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (no one is posting online)

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (YOU are not posting online)

[Master] the 27th mid day is the fight with the ants,

[Master] this is very true

[Master] I am derelitct

[Master] in my duties

[Branwyn (Lisa)] (so I am not going to start something you won't follow up on)

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] i rarely post online

[Branwyn (Lisa)] \(indigo is lost)

[Master] perhaps I will have time this weekend

[Master] I will try

[Lisa] whatever

[Master] everyone have a great night

Lisa has left the game on Fri Apr 01 23:50:34 EDT 2016

Ilero (TMO)] you too!

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] gnite!

[Master] I will post about next week when I know

TMO has left the game on Fri Apr 01 23:50:50 EDT 2016

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] okie dokes.

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] nitey nite

Spring has left the game on Fri Apr 01 23:51:02 EDT 2016


XP awarded