View  Edit  Attributes  History  Attach  Print  Search
Main / Jun0206

Jun 02 06 - Chaos Dungeon

x[DM] ==== Gaming session started: Fri Jun 02 16:38:40 EDT 2006 ====

xMystery Man has joined the game on Fri Jun 02 16:40:08 EDT 2006

x[DM] I am away from the keyboard.

x[Mystery Man] for the record, we are going to be making a suit of gorgon scale mail, bow of speed, +2ish armor and shield for ant, and magic arrows

xBiBo!!! has joined the game on Fri Jun 02 16:41:39 EDT 2006

x[DM] I am back at the keyboard.

x[Mystery Man] A flip of the ol' kLoOge Coin results in: Heads

x[DM] >>we're going to turn those gorgon scales into armor for juniper,

  • You have enough for one set of scale mail human sized.

single function item

M - 1 exotic (gorgon scales)

P - 1 rare & 1 common

3 weeks

The process needs to entail something along the lines of attaching the scale with silver thread and then sealed by royal jelly from a giant bees nest

>>learn how to make some magic arrows,

  • Should be a simple formula, the only thing is to find if they are in dozens or

scores. I know there is a mention in the DMG, will find it when I am home

arrows come in sets of 2 dozen

are single use items

M - 1 rare

P - 1 common

1 week for 24 arrows

suggested Material should be feathers of some sort, griffon or pegasus seems appropriate

Process would be casting fly on them or something similar to help imbue them

>> make some magic armor and a shielf for anterias,

  • Yes to this as well, Kylia will likely need to help out with the manufacturing

both are single function items

Shield

M - 1 exotic

P - 1 rare & 1 common

3 weeks

Armor

M - 1 exotic

P - 1 rare & 1 common

3 weeks

>>and hopefully make a bow for juniper as well.

  • should be simple as the arrows are

well actually not quite as easy

Single function item

M - 1 exotic

P - 1 rare & 1 common

3 weeks

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The times quoted are for enchanting not creating the actual item to be enchanted.

Times to build each item are:

Scale Mail - 8 weeks

Arrows - 1 / day (24 days)

Shield - 2 weeks

Armor - ?? (4-18 weeks depending on type)

Bow - 1 week

x[Mystery Man] exotic mat for bow: wood from the tree out back. rare process: rub dragonfly wings into it before polishing, common process: blessed by a priest of the god of archery (me)

x[Mystery Man] arrows: rare mat, gryphon feathers common process: cast fly into the bundle

x[DM] one fly spell per arrow

x[DM] into the bundle

x[BiBo!!!] Alastair: Learn Spell check: (d100) [37] 37. PROBABLY SUCCEEDS against (85) [85] 85!!!

xBeth has joined the game on Fri Jun 02 18:14:28 EDT 2006

x[DM] greetings

x[Beth] hiya

x[Mystery Man] hiyo

x[Beth] hi!

x[BiBo!!!] j0

x[BiBo!!! (to GM only)] Character sheet for Alastair modified: Spells - DELETED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. CHANGED: Detect Magic -- Level: 1 (22), CHANGED: Detect Magic -- Cast Level: 1 (22), CHANGED: Detect Magic -- # Memorized: 1 (5), CHANGED: Cure disease -- Level: 3 (33), CHANGED: Cure disease -- Cast Level: 3 (33), CHANGED: Cure disease -- # Memorized: 0 (1), ADDED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. ADDED: Detect Magic, 22, 22, Sniff Sniff. I smell magic! Where's the magic?, 5, 1, null, null. ADDED: Cure disease, 33, 33, Let that icky nasty disease leave your body!, 1, 1, null, null. ADDED: Enchant an Item, 6, 6, Lookit me makin magic items and stuff., , 1, , .

x[Beth] oooff! excuse me a moment. being mauled by fur-children

x[Mystery Man] we need fur

x[BiBo!!!] send it over

x[Mystery Man] it would be a good component for our lightning arrows

x[Beth] I have plenty

x[Beth] one of them is a walking shedding machine

x[BiBo!!!] mine is too.

x[Beth] you can have all you want and then some

x[BiBo!!!] I'm not sure how he sheds that much, you brush him and there's as much fur as dog

x[Beth] I can't brush him enough this time of the year

x[Beth] nods

x[Beth] he sheds enough that I'm tempted to buy a spinning wheel and loom. I could have had several blankets from him over the last 10 years

x[BiBo!!!] mom wanted to make sweaters out of my dog's hair

x[DM] Wait no,

x[Beth] LOL

x[BiBo!!!] she'd save the hair in a box

x[DM] I thouht we burned all the spinning wheels

x[BiBo!!!] whenever we brushed him

x[Beth] There's still one in the attic

x[DM] groans

x[Beth] rather ambitious. Dog hair is not that easy to spin

x[BiBo!!!] well, she was gonna send it to someone who specialized in that sorta thing

x[Beth] I know someone here that does that

x[DM] I actually do know someone who did cat hair into socks

x[Beth] LOL, must have been an angora

x[DM] so onto magic item creation

x[DM] Beth you read that bit of the chat room

x[Beth] yes

x[DM] and it is alos in the docs section on your campaing tree

x[Beth] yep

x[DM] we finished the details for arrows

x[DM] adn for junipers armor

x[DM] and the bow we were finishing

x[Beth] k

x[DM] when you came in

x[DM] the crushed dragonfly wings to rub over

x[DM] so you have that list of things to find,

x[DM] they need ideas on how to aquire it

x[DM] like the royal jelly, etc

x[DM] and then other ideas to complete the formulas for the other items,

x[DM] and I will now grab the list to roll for you on your own magic items.

x[Beth] well, dragonflies are commonest around a pond or lake, so possibly from the pond where the swans hang out. If it's the right time of year.

x[Beth] k

x[Mystery Man] dragon flies are easy to get

x[Mystery Man] i'll just trade berries to the faries for dragonfly wings

x[Beth] right

x[Mystery Man] the funny thing is, the fairies probably got the berries in the first place

xBiBo!!! is receiving the map Base...

xBiBo!!! has received the map Base.

xBeth is receiving the map Base...

xBeth has received the map Base.

xBiBo!!! has edited Juniper's effects.

x[BiBo!!!] Alastair moved 11'02".

x[DM] ok, Beth for Kira's magic items to start with,

x[DM] I need you to roll 3 d100 please,

x[DM] 70% or less

x[DM] is your goal

x[DM] then 2 d100

x[Beth] (3d100) [(78+30+11)] 119

x[DM] and 50% or less is your goal

x[Beth] (2d100) [(96+66)] 162

x[DM] then again a 1d100 and less than a 10%

x[Beth] (1d100) [93] 93

x[DM] ok, so you have two magic items

x[DM] now roll 2 d20

x[DM] to see what they actually are

x[Beth] (2d20) [(7+14)] 21

x[DM] ok, so that is +1 lether armor

x[DM] leather that is

x[DM] and 2 potions,

x[DM] but we need to roll on a differnt chart for the potions

x[Beth] ok

x[Mystery Man] longevity

x[DM] so roll a d1000

x[Mystery Man] and mercury

x[BiBo!!!] lightning form!!!

x[Beth] (1d1000) [421] 421

x[DM] and again please

x[Beth] (1d1000) [329] 329

x[DM] Murdock's Insect Ward

x[DM] and Spriit Liquid

x[DM] have to look that one up

x[Mystery Man] Roll #1: (d100) [38] 38

x[Mystery Man] that's low enough for the bow roll, yah?

x[Mystery Man] Finglass: Bowyer/Fletcher check: (d20) [18] 18. PROBABLY FAILS against (17-1) [17-1] 16

x[DM] Sean just walked in

x[DM] Beth

x[DM] can you reroll a d1000 please

x[DM] the murdock is a good one

x[Beth] (1d1000) [673] 673

x[DM] espeicially for a gypsy

x[Beth] ::grin::

x[Beth] are you trying to say that gypsies attract insects?

x[DM] or want to keep them away

x[DM] it is an aromatic oil

x[DM] that prevents them from coming too close

x[Beth] eat too much garlic to be bothered by insects

x[BiBo!!!] It repels insects both normal and monstroush that come within 5 ft of the person wearing the fragrance

x[DM] Potion of Ghostliness is the other potion

x[Beth] this is a good thing. ::grin::

x[BiBo!!!] intelligent insects (aka those with in of 5 or more) get a save to avoid it's effects

x[BiBo!!!] it lasts for 1d3+1 hours

x[DM] the ghostliness gives you the form of a ghost for 2d4+4 turns

x[DM] immune to normal weapons etc.

x[Beth] could come in very handy

x[DM] well it only works once

x[Beth] drat

x[BiBo!!!] most potions only work once

x[BiBo!!!] since you gotta drink em and all

x[Beth] no sipping a little at a time, I take it. All or nothing

x[BiBo!!!] you know, I could totally imagine a jester creating a potion that made you pee red

x[Beth] LOL

x[DM] they are googling now to find out what will turn your pee what color

x[DM] sighs

x[Beth] there are a few things out tthere

x[Beth] ::grin::

x[BiBo!!!] apparently, but none of them are healthy

x[Beth] Only Vit B. that I know of

x[Beth] and a couple of prescription medications

xSean has joined the game on Fri Jun 02 18:57:55 EDT 2006

x[BiBo!!!] well, time to hunt down a vitamin b wholesaler

x[Beth] one of which turns it a very brilliant orange

xLorie has joined the game on Fri Jun 02 18:58:10 EDT 2006

x[DM] hello lori

x[Mystery Man] i wanna do some of that before my next urine test

x[DM] they are working on what to take turn your pee various colors

x[Sean] Greetings and Salutations

x[Lorie] Thanks... but I'm Lorie :"O)

x[DM] I will let you read and catch up

x[Lorie] Ahhh... asparagus

x[DM] I am away from the keyboard.

x[Sean] No, that just makes your pee smell funny

x[Beth] Hi, Lorie

x[Lorie] Evening all

x[Lorie] SPC... WELCOME BACK :O)

x[Lorie] How was the oh so Northern Reaches?

x[Sean] Thank you

x[Sean] Remote.

x[Sean] And the trip back was ... interesting.

x[Lorie] Umm... well, don't drink any water and dehydrate yourself... that will work

x[Sean] We pissed Greg off real bad

x[Lorie] Uh oh...what did you do?

x[Lorie] (You collectively )

x[Sean] He was paying more attention to the GPS than to the road and nearly sideswiped a car

x[Sean] we kind of yelled at him, and he blew up, saying someone else could drive then.

x[Lorie] :: shakes head :: Ahh Greg and his tech gadgets

x[Sean] up

x[Sean] yup

x[BiBo!!!] bob wants to know what yelcho means lorie

x[Lorie] a wine region in Chile?

x[Lorie] ((sorry was grabbing dinner))

x[DM] I am back at the keyboard.

x[DM] I am back at the keyboard.

x[DM] is the name of the wine

x[DM]

x[Lorie] Okay that's all I know about Yelcho

x[DM] ok, thanks

x[DM] so we are comtemplating the aquiring of the materials for magic item creation

x[DM] and Lorie, you had an item or two you wanted to add to the list?

x[DM] then we were finishing the last of the items on the list,

x[DM] you have it under the doc section so far

x[Baby Bowler] Nope... I'm good

x[Baby Bowler] A few things have caught my eye, but I've given up on that sort of thing.

x[Baby Bowler] Never works out

x[DM] why baby bowler

x[Baby Bowler] :: points at Mystery Man ::

x[DM] and which items, maybe you can just make them

x[Baby Bowler] I saw a cool Torc

x[DM] which?

x[DM] that would be appropriate for you

x[DM] culturally speaking

x[BiBo!!!] the torc wrench

x[Baby Bowler] :: shakes head and facepalms :: Umm... ;)

x[Baby Bowler] There is a lesser one

x[Sean] A magic Canadian hat?

x[DM] ok so far the only things not already on hand are the crushed dragonfly wings and the royal jelly

x[BiBo!!!] so what's the torc do?

x[DM] then we have the shield and armor formula

x[Mystery Man] what do you want, lorie?

x[DM] or Kylia can just make them?

x[Mystery Man] stop being so stubborn and martyrish and just take what you can get

x[Baby Bowler] I make it

x[Baby Bowler] I don't want anything

x[Baby Bowler] :: snap :: next

x[Mystery Man] if we're making a series of items, might as well add yours to the list. it's no big deal.

x[DM] seriously it is a year of game time

x[DM] if you want it just say so,

x[Baby Bowler] It's okay... It's not anything that great.

x[DM] we add to the list

x[Baby Bowler] I'm fine

x[Baby Bowler] Thanks

x[DM] raised eyebrow

x[Baby Bowler] Really BOB... I'm great :)

x[Mystery Man] if it's not that great, then it really isn't that big.

x[DM] yeah yeah, we know you are great

x[DM] stop bragging,

x[DM] ;P

x[Baby Bowler] Okay...armor done then?

x[DM] we will work out the time yes

x[Baby Bowler] that was only 2 1/2 months

x[DM] food is at the gate be right back

x[DM] I am away from the keyboard.

x[Mystery Man] so... what say we just happen to get the mats for a certain torc that allows the person to shapechange at will.

x[Mystery Man] is that what you were thinking of?

x[Baby Bowler] :: shrugs :: I had glanced at the three torcs... they looked interesting but we'd need a gem for the center and that would me one of those crazy side adventures to god knows where and they never end well :O)

x[Mystery Man] eh

x[Baby Bowler] Let's just get through the other items that Bibo and you worked out

x[Mystery Man] let's go for it

x[Mystery Man] my items are cake.

x[Mystery Man] the only side questy one is the royal jelly

x[Baby Bowler] we have that whole royal jelly thing... can't fry the hive

x[Mystery Man] and we kind of have a plan for that

x[Mystery Man] we convince the bees that we have queens who need the jelly

x[Mystery Man] the animal sphere might actually come in handy for once

x[Baby Bowler] Who speaks bee?

x[Baby Bowler] they are insects

x[Baby Bowler] hmmm

x[DM] I am back at the keyboard.

x[DM] ok

x[DM] is this really all? just royal jelly?

x[DM] that seems a bit of a let down ;)

xMolly has joined the game on Fri Jun 02 19:31:28 EDT 2006

x[DM] Welcome Molly

x[DM] glad to see you

x[DM] hang out and chat for a while

x[Beth] Hi, Mol!

xMolly is receiving the map Base...

xMolly has received the map Base.

x[DM] they are trying to figure out how to get royal jelly from Bees

x[Molly] Hi all!!

x[DM] Lorie, if you do not want anything for Kylia, perhaps something for the church

x[Sean] Bee suit and a smoker

x[Beth] How are you going to get them to spit?

x[Mystery Man] control animal

x[Mystery Man] hey bee, go get us jelly

x[Baby Bowler] :: shakes head :: I think I'm all set right now... let's just get through this list and then we'll go back to the Dungeon

x[Beth] ah, yes

x[Sean] feed them chewing tobacco

x[Beth] yuck

x[DM] hmmm, honey made from chewing tobacco

x[Beth] ::shudders::

x[DM] a very specialized market

x[DM] nascar dads

x[BiBo!!!] nascar bears

x[Beth] ::gag::

x[DM] lol

x[Mystery Man] j

x[DM] so waiting for the ideas

x[DM] as I work on various maps for things for you to do

x[Mystery Man] control anima

x[Mystery Man] animal

x[Baby Bowler] So we finished all the tasks?

x[DM] who has that spell?

x[Baby Bowler] We're ready to move on?

x[Mystery Man] bee, i am soon to be a queen. go fetch

x[Mystery Man] i do

x[DM] ok

x[DM] very well

x[DM] then I guess it is just clicking off time,

x[DM] how much can actually be done at the same time

x[DM] Kylia can make the shield

x[DM] the same time they are making other things

x[Baby Bowler] Mike wouldn't Repel Insects work better?

x[Mystery Man] no...

x[Mystery Man] because if we repel them, we have to go get it

x[Mystery Man] if we control one, it gets it for us!

x[Baby Bowler] okies

x[Mystery Man] we just sit back and let it come to us

x[Mystery Man] that would be a backup.

x[DM] Beth you are the nature expert,

x[DM] how long do you think that it would take for a man sized glob of royal jelly

x[Beth] Royal Jelly comes from the salivary glands of worker bees

x[DM] a week?

x[BiBo!!!] yes, but nature doesn't have giant bees

x[Beth] it's fed to the larvae that are destined to be queens

x[DM] these are giant bees

x[DM] about 2 foot across

x[Beth] so, you need a VERY big bee,

x[Beth] that might do it

x[Mystery Man] bob is so overreacting. we only need a 1/4 man sized blob

x[Beth] so you just need to convince one to come and spit for you

x[Mystery Man] it's for some armor, not a whole person

x[Mystery Man] that's where the control animal spell comes in

x[Beth] but will that make it act outside it's nature and simply spit or must you convince it that it is feeding a queen larvae?

x[DM] who is getting into the bee larva suit to let the worker bee spit on you

x[DM] grins

x[Beth] not on

x[Beth] *grins*

x[Beth] it's fed to teh larvae

x[Mystery Man] don't have to be in a suit.

x[BiBo!!!] control animal would make it do whatever you want it to do i assume

x[Mystery Man] i just tell it to spit in a bowl

x[Beth] k

xBaby Bowler is receiving the map Base...

xBaby Bowler has received the map Base.

x[Mystery Man] so bobby's making brownies for us tonight

x[Mystery Man] isn't he such a sweetie?

x[Mystery Man] also offered fondue

x[BiBo!!!] special brownies

x[DM] I am dogn the math on number of days right now

x[Baby Bowler] Wow... Brownies

x[DM] microwave better crocker

x[Baby Bowler] he had all day and the best he could muster is brownies

x[DM] add water 30 secs

x[Mystery Man] his brownies are apparently add water and microwave

x[Baby Bowler] :: shakes head :: So domesticated ;O)

x[DM] lol

x[DM] so for an armorer to make the scale mail to enchant will take 72 days,

x[DM] to make the bow, adn to make the arrows, then to enchant them all will take 69 days

x[Mystery Man] we don't need to enchant it, i thought

x[DM] so including a couple of misc days for bee milking

x[Mystery Man] it was the scales that make it magic

x[Mystery Man] we just need to put it together

x[DM] the scales are the material that works in the enchantment

x[DM] so we will work out who can make what when so you do as much mutlit tasking as possible

x[DM] Finglass has the armorer working on the scale mail

x[DM] finglass actually makes the bow him self

x[DM] and he also makes the arrows him self

x[DM] Lorie when you make the shield and armor

x[DM] time frame?

x[DM] and spells

x[Mystery Man] i have specialty archers who can make the arrow for alistair to enchant

x[Baby Bowler] Usually it takes me a month doesn't it?

x[Baby Bowler] a month per that is

x[Mystery Man] not to mention those specialty archers are priests of the god of archery

x[Mystery Man] we've got arrows covered

x[DM] I think that is right Lorie, do you have the stats? or is it in legends and lor?

x[Mystery Man] legends and lore, i believe has that info

x[Baby Bowler] L&G ... page 64

x[DM] so that is 3 weeks I take it then?

x[Baby Bowler] 3 weeks for each... 6 weeks totaly

x[DM] thansk

x[DM] so we have 3 weeks in and there is a shield

x[DM] and a bow

x[DM] and 24 arrows

x[DM] all completed, plus some time still there

x[DM] at the same time there is an armorer making the scale mail that will take 72 days

x[DM] 8 weeks long

x[DM] so Finglass can send me a roll for the bow

x[DM] DM only

x[DM] then the 24 arrows, from misc people

x[Mystery Man (to GM only)] Finglass: Bowyer/Fletcher check: (d20) [12] 12. PROBABLY SUCCEEDS against (17-1) [17-1] 16!!!

x[DM] then the armor

x[DM] Kylia wants any spell in particular?

x[Mystery Man] Roll #1: (d20) [12] 12, Roll #2: (d20) [10] 10, Roll #3: (d20) [1] 1, Roll #4: (d20) [17] 17, Roll #5: (d20) [20] 20, Roll #6: (d20) [18] 18, Roll #7: (d20) [11] 11, Roll #8: (d20) [3] 3, Roll #9: (d20) [20] 20, Roll #10: (d20) [4] 4, Roll #11: (d20) [4] 4, Roll #12: (d20) [3] 3, Roll #13: (d20) [11] 11, Roll #14: (d20) [9] 9, Roll #15: (d20) [5] 5, Roll #16: (d20) [13] 13, Roll #17: (d20) [16] 16, Roll #18: (d20) [9] 9, Roll #19: (d20) [1] 1, Roll #20: (d20) [3] 3, Roll #21: (d20) [11] 11, Roll #22: (d20) [15] 15, Roll #23: (d20) [6] 6, Roll #24: (d20) [3] 3

x[Baby Bowler] :: shakes head :: I'm good for spells I think

x[Mystery Man (to GM only)] Roll #1: (d20) [16] 16, Roll #2: (d20) [20] 20, Roll #3: (d20) [12] 12, Roll #4: (d20) [3] 3, Roll #5: (d20) [2] 2, Roll #6: (d20) [3] 3, Roll #7: (d20) [18] 18, Roll #8: (d20) [13] 13, Roll #9: (d20) [9] 9, Roll #10: (d20) [15] 15, Roll #11: (d20) [1] 1, Roll #12: (d20) [3] 3, Roll #13: (d20) [16] 16, Roll #14: (d20) [7] 7, Roll #15: (d20) [18] 18, Roll #16: (d20) [9] 9, Roll #17: (d20) [13] 13, Roll #18: (d20) [19] 19, Roll #19: (d20) [1] 1, Roll #20: (d20) [8] 8, Roll #21: (d20) [7] 7, Roll #22: (d20) [17] 17, Roll #23: (d20) [8] 8, Roll #24: (d20) [18] 18

x[BiBo!!!] oh you know you wanna learn chain lightning :)

x[Baby Bowler] :: shrugs ::

x[Baby Bowler] Nah

x[Mystery Man (to GM only)] Roll #1: (d20) [7] 7, Roll #2: (d20) [5] 5, Roll #3: (d20) [18] 18, Roll #4: (d20) [13] 13, Roll #5: (d20) [4] 4

x[Mystery Man (to GM only)] Roll #1: (d20) [11] 11

x[DM] sorry trying to make sure that you do not skipp off too much time

x[DM] the elf here coudl care less if you click off a year or two

x[DM] but the humans might miss the it

x[Mystery Man] =D

x[BiBo!!!] we can't all have the elf's aim

x[BiBo!!!] some of us have to miss sometimes

x[Mystery Man] x[Mystery Man] =D

x[DM] we are actually 9 days in and you have the Bow constructed and the arrows constructed

x[Mystery Man] /

x[DM] then it takes 3 more weeks to enchant the bow

x[BiBo!!!] \ 0.0 /

x[DM] and 1 week to enchant the arrows

x[BiBo!!!] \ 0.^ /

x[Mystery Man] elves ftw!

x[BiBo!!!] \ ^.^ /

x[DM] who is doing the actuall enchanting

x[Mystery Man] >.>

x[Mystery Man] ^.^

x[BiBo!!!] I'll enchant arrows ^.^

x[Mystery Man] I've got the bow! \^.^/

x[BiBo!!!] O.o

x[DM] so from that point

x[Mystery Man] we make enchanting rolls?

x[Mystery Man (to GM only)] Character sheet for Finglass modified: Weapon Proficiencies -

x[DM] so who is making what rolls

x[DM] and go ahead and do them

x[DM] Lorie no roll for yours right?

x[Baby Bowler] not that I'm aware of

x[Baby Bowler] How much longer is this going to take? I thought this was going to go pretty fast...

x[DM] sorry

x[DM] I had done the first set of math

x[DM] just tacking things along

x[Baby Bowler] Oh... okies

x[DM] and we found out that it is goign to be much faster

x[Baby Bowler] :: nods :: Gotcha

x[Mystery Man (to GM only)] Roll #1: (d100) [39] 39

x[BiBo!!! (to GM only)] Roll #1: (d100) [1] 1

x[Mystery Man] bow's done!

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] Here you go, Juniper. A new bow since you are, I suppose, a woman now.

x[DM] ok, so the time is now 6 weeks in

x[DM] Kylia has created a shield

x[DM] and Kylia has created a set of armor

x[DM] Finglass has done the bow

x[DM] the arrows are done

x[DM] 54 mroe links are done

x[DM] *****

x[DM] oh my god

x[DM] we are al dying here

x[DM] Mike just asked

x[DM] what does a bow of speed do?

x[Baby Bowler] :: nods :: guess you have to be there

x[DM] which is the magic item he just went through all this effort to creay

x[DM] create

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] and bibo doesn't know, either. =P

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] ((so i'm not the only one))

x[DM] so we are done with those things

x[DM] the armor for juniper is not complete yet

x[BiBo!!!] so, weapon of speed, gives one more attack and first attack is always first in a round

x[BiBo!!!] or ties with other weapons of speed

x[BiBo!!! (to GM only)] Character sheet for Juniper modified: Weapons - DELETED: Longbow, null, null, 8, 2, +0, +0, 1d6, 1d6, null, $Mthac0, null, null, null, null. ADDED: Longbow of speed, null, null, 20, 3, +0, +0, 1d6, 1d6, null, $Mthac0, null, null, null, null.

x[DM] there are 46 more days going along

x[DM] after that point of the creations

x[BiBo!!!] (1d6+1) [6+1] 7

x[BiBo!!!] (1d6+1) [4+1] 5

x[BiBo!!!] (1d6+1) [6+1] 7

x[Mystery Man] bibo's research rolls blow

x[BiBo!!!] I roll hp's not research :)

x[DM] ok, so we are done

x[DM] the calendar is updated

x[DM] we are at that point in time

x[DM] with all the items done

x[DM] I will have to work out the XP for you

x[DM] so we have those on the sheets please?

x[Mystery Man (to GM only)] Character sheet for Antarias modified: Weapons - CHANGED: Shield Bash -- Atk Adj: +2 (+0), CHANGED: Shield Bash -- Damage Adj: +10 (+8), CHANGED: Shield Rush -- Atk Adj: +2 (+0), CHANGED: Shield Rush -- Damage Adj: +10 (+8), Armor - Armor Bonus:: CHANGED: -11 (-9). Shield Bonus:: CHANGED: -5 (-3). AC FINAL:: CHANGED: -8 (-4).

x[DM] that took less than six months fo time all together

x[DM] an anything before you go back to the shrine ?

x[DM] anyone want to fill in Beth on what this place is and what to expet?

x[DM] or are you going somewehre else

x[BiBo!!! (to GM only)] Character sheet for Juniper modified: Weapons - ADDED: +1 arrows for longbow of speed, , , 4, 3, +1, +1, 1d6, 1d6, , $mthac0, , , , .

x[BiBo!!! (to GM only)] Character sheet for Kira modified: Armor - Armor Bonus:: CHANGED: -3 (-2). AC FINAL:: CHANGED: 4 (5). Consumable Magic Items - ADDED: Potion of Ghostliness, turn into a ghost for {2d4+4} turns, 1, 1. ADDED: Murdoc's umm... insect repelly thing, bugs and bug creatures leave me alone for {1d3+1} hours, 1, 1. Magic Item Summary - ADDED: Leather armor +1, , .

x[BiBo!!!] expect death at all times

x[BiBo!!!] other than that, you know about as much as we do

x[Beth] LOL

x[Sean] Practice with the halberd

x[Mystery Man] thought we were going back to that damnable dungeon

x[Sean] And train myself not to be scared of hounds

x[DM] Asaru moved 11'11".

x[BiBo!!!] ((just put your magic items in beth. lookie the equipment section))

x[Beth] I saw

x[DM] Asaru moved 6'04".

x[Beth] ((thank you! ))

x[BiBo!!!] ((you should be able to use your potions through the dice roller menu for your char))

x[Beth] ((okay))

xBiBo!!! is receiving the map Shrine Level One...

xBiBo!!! has received the map Shrine Level One.

xSean is receiving the map Shrine Level One...

xSean has received the map Shrine Level One.

xMystery Man is receiving the map Base...

xMystery Man has received the map Base.

x[DM] Sweetums moved 9'08".

x[DM] Kira moved 2'09".

xBeth is receiving the map Shrine Level One...

xBeth has received the map Shrine Level One.

xMystery Man is receiving the map Shrine Level One...

xMystery Man has received the map Shrine Level One.

x[DM] Gretchen's Current Hit Points: adjusted to 28 (13) - Unharmed

xBaby Bowler is receiving the map Shrine Level One...

xBaby Bowler has received the map Shrine Level One.

x[DM] ok, so look arond

x[DM] you know that the way down is in that area

x[Mystery Man] so, let's go with that door, then...

x[DM] there is the Sign of Chaos that is etched in the wall behind where that golem was

x[BiBo!!!] as far as we know, we gotta shove key into the door to area 23

x[Mystery Man] door's probably gonna just kill one of us outright

x[DM] so you have the key,

x[Mystery Man] we do

x[DM] I will just assume you try various ideas to assemble it

x[Mystery Man] sure

x[DM] make an intition check

x[Mystery Man] we try the right one, of course

x[DM] to be succesful

x[BiBo!!!] Alastair: WIS check: (d20) [17] 17. PROBABLY FAILS against (13) [13] 13

x[Sean] Sweetums: WIS check: (d20) [13] 13. PROBABLY FAILS against (6) [6] 6

x[Mystery Man (to GM only)] Finglass: INU check: (d20) [8] 8. PROBABLY SUCCEEDS against (19) [19] 19!!!

x[Baby Bowler] Okay ...weird

x[BiBo!!!] what is?

x[Baby Bowler] I can't get to my intuition score to roll :: ponders ::

x[DM] Marco check

x[DM] please

x[DM] and you put the key into the same shape as the symbol is

x[Baby Bowler] no... it's just that the menu stops after the first column of proficiencies

x[Mystery Man] Kylia Wolfslayer: INU check: (d20) [18] 18. PROBABLY SUCCEEDS against (18) [18] 18!!!

x[Mystery Man] seems to work fine

x[Baby Bowler] Hmmmm....

x[DM] and then you can see that if you touch it to the carvign that should activate it

x[Mystery Man] you're clicking on it normal?

x[Baby Bowler] :: shrugs :: I can't see anything after the first column... I see the "continue arrow" but nothing appears

x[DM] place your selves on teh map where you want to be

x[Mystery Man] huh. wierd. cuz that's where it is

x[DM] when that doorway opens

x[Mystery Man] so that's what the problem would be

x[BiBo!!!] Don't suppose someone'd like to look for traps before we die?

x[Baby Bowler] Juniper moved 1'02".

x[Mystery Man] Finglass moved 19'06".

x[BiBo!!!] ::glances over at the door::

x[Mystery Man] Antarias moved 22'04".

x[Baby Bowler] Kylia Wolfslayer moved 7'02".

x[Baby Bowler] Kylia Wolfslayer moved 21'04".

x[Baby Bowler] Kylia Wolfslayer moved 32'05".

x[DM] that circle on teh map in 23

x[DM] is where the symbol is

x[DM] that statue is not there

x[Mystery Man] i'll stay on the ledge where i was before

x[Mystery Man] i was safe there last time

x[BiBo!!!] ((cues kira))

x[Beth] Kira: Find/Remove Traps check:(d100) [79] 79. PROBABLY SUCCEEDS against (95) [95] 95!!!

x[BiBo!!!] "So... traps?"

x[DM] no trap as in fall on you

x[DM] but obviously when you do press this key to the symbol something will happen to open a gateway

x[BiBo!!!] but trap as in poison you, totally

x[DM] and you are not sure what type of magical things may happen

x[BiBo!!!] okay, I guess I'll volunteer to shove the key into place

x[DM] so no poison, arrows, etc.

x[DM] I will move Kira to the spot

x[DM] Kira moved 83'04".

x[DM] Alastair moved 88'01".

x[Baby Bowler] Kylia Wolfslayer moved 120'01".

x[Sean] Sweetums moved 52'11".

x[BiBo!!! (to GM only)] Character sheet for Alastair modified: Magical Abilities - Spells - DELETED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. CHANGED: Detect Magic -- # Memorized: 0 (1), CHANGED: Enlarge -- # Memorized: 1 (0), CHANGED: Detect Magic -- Level: 1 (22), CHANGED: Detect Magic -- Cast Level: 1 (22), CHANGED: Detect Magic -- # Memorized: 0 (5), CHANGED: Cure disease -- Level: 3 (33), CHANGED: Cure disease -- Cast Level: 3 (33), CHANGED: Cure disease -- # Memorized: 0 (1), CHANGED: Cone of Cold -- # Memorized: 2 (1), CHANGED: Raise dead -- # Memorized: 1 (0), CHANGED: Teleport -- # Memorized: 1 (3), CHANGED: Wall of Stone -- # Memorized: 1 (0), CHANGED: Chain Lightning -- # Memorized: 2 (0), CHANGED: Stone to Flesh -- # Memorized: 0 (1), CHANGED: Enchant an Item -- # Memorized: 0 (), ADDED: , null, null, null, null, null, null, null. ADDED: Detect Magic, 22, 22, Sniff Sniff. I smell magic! Where's the magic?, 5, 1, null, null. ADDED: Cure disease, 33, 33, Let that icky nasty disease leave your body!, 1, 1, null, null.

x[DM] everyone should have full spells and Hit Points

x[BiBo!!! (to GM only)] Character sheet for Juniper modified: Magical Abilities - CHANGED: 2 -- Current: 5 (2).

x[DM] Lorie you are set for Spells?

x[Mystery Man] I am away from the keyboard.

x[BiBo!!!] Juniper moved 55'00".

x[DM] and when you are ready tell me and I will put in the description of what happens

x[Mystery Man] I am back at the keyboard.

x[BiBo!!!] ::puts in the key::

x[DM] when the key merges with the sign and the two begin to swirl in strange unsettling patterns (save verus spell) and the sign grows larger and larger, forming a hole into the floor at your feet creating a circular staircase in the floor. It will only take one person at a time down the stairs.

x[Mystery Man] rdy

x[DM] anyone who is watching makes a save

x[Mystery Man (to GM only)] Finglass: Magical Spell save: (d20) [16] 16. PROBABLY SUCCEEDS against (10) [10] 10!!!

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] Juniper: Magical Spell save: (d20) [7] 7. PROBABLY FAILS against (14) [14] 14

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] Alastair: Magical Spell save: (d20) [18] 18. PROBABLY SUCCEEDS against (4) [4] 4!!!

x[Mystery Man] Antarias: Magical Spell save: (d20) [12] 12. PROBABLY SUCCEEDS against (9) [9] 9!!!

x[Beth] Kira: Magical Spell save: (d20) [13] 13. PROBABLY SUCCEEDS against (13) [13] 13!!!

x[Baby Bowler] Kylia Wolfslayer: Magical Spell save: (d20) [6] 6. PROBABLY FAILS against (10) [10] 10

x[DM] ok, so Juniper and Kylia

x[DM] you are both hypnotised

x[Sean] Are they going to cluck like a chicken?

x[DM] ok, so the two of them are affected by Hypnotic Pattern

x[DM] esentially they are staring zombie like at the swirling color patters

x[DM] patterns

x[DM] they are immune to speach, sahking etc.

x[DM] the only thing that will break the spell is an attack on them that causes damage

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] Fantastic. are these patterns like something in the wall or do they swirl about the room. aka could I cover it up?

x[Mystery Man] ooh oooh!

x[Mystery Man] i can trick shot them.

x[DM] no you can not cover it up, it is part of the walls and stair case going down

x[Mystery Man] like, just knick them?

x[Mystery Man] kind of a 1 hp attack?

x[Beth] will breaking eye contact such as covering their eyes work?

x[DM] yes I will say that

x[DM] and no beth,

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] so... they see em going down the stairs?

x[DM] once they see it it effects them,

x[Mystery Man] so i can trick shot them for 1 hp unless theres a better idea

x[DM] luckily once you make your save you do not have to make it again walking down the stairs into the pattern

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] that mean they gotta make another save when we hit em?

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] well, if the only way to snap em out is to hurt em, I guess we'll have to hurt the ones we love

x[Mystery Man] Finglass targets Juniper. Distance: 75'02"

x[Mystery Man] Finglass: Attack #1: Trick Shot: (10-+2-(d20+6)) [10-2-(13+6)] -11. PROBABLY HITS Juniper (AC FINAL: 6)!!!

x[Beth] Kira moved 6'03".

x[Mystery Man] Finglass no longer targets Juniper.

x[Mystery Man] Finglass targets Kylia Wolfslayer. Distance: 108'05"

x[Mystery Man] Finglass: Attack #1: Trick Shot: (10-+2-(d20+6)) [10-2-(1+6)] 1. Probably MISSES Kylia Wolfslayer (AC FINAL: -3)

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] lol

x[Mystery Man] damnit, lorie.

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] elf boy missed

x[Mystery Man] i have to roll a 4 to get you

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] And here I thought you were infallible

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] jeesh, must be getting old

x[Mystery Man] well, i'm doing a trick shot for god's sakes

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] Give me a break. I'm trying to hit her without hurting her

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] As satisfying as that may be...

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] Finglass: Attack #1: Trick Shot: (10-+2-(d20+6)) [10-2-(18+6)] -16. PROBABLY HITS Kylia Wolfslayer (AC FINAL: -3)!!!

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] Uh huh. Excuses. I think your eyesight is slipping. you're losing your touch.

x[DM] Kylia Wolfslayer's Current Hit Points: adjusted to 74 (-1) - Lightly Wounded

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] let me put one in your backside and see how i'm slipping

x[DM] Juniper's Current Hit Points: adjusted to 44 (-1) - Lightly Wounded

x[Mystery Man] Finglass no longer targets Kylia Wolfslayer.

x[DM] and there you are

x[DM] both awake again

x[DM] who is going down teh stairs first?

x[Juniper (BiBo!!!)] "Ow! What'd you do that for Finny?"

x[DM] single file,

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] He told me to

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] ::points to Alistair::

x[Juniper (BiBo!!!)] "That wasn't nice!" ::glares at Alistair::

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] ((middle!))

x[Baby Bowler] :: looks at her arm and frowns ::

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] ::coughs:: "I'll just be going down these stairs then..."

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] Alastair moved 9'00".

x[Baby Bowler] Meddlesome Paladin at it again then?

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] ((then ant and fin))

x[DM] ok,

x[DM] just line up on the map

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] Antarias moved 92'08".

x[DM] in the order going down

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] Finglass moved 90'02".

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] Juniper moved 14'03".

x[Kira (Beth)] Kira moved 29'11".

x[Sean] Sweetums moved 28'07".

x[DM] kylia where in the order do you want to be in?

x[Baby Bowler] Kylia Wolfslayer moved 7'00".

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] by the way, bob, i want to just say now that finglass is going to go through the dungeon with two arrows knocked if not drawn

x[DM] nods, you can try

x[DM] will take that into account

x[Baby Bowler] Mr. Paladin, please go ahead.... your lawfulness is better off in the front

x[Baby Bowler] Kylia Wolfslayer moved 6'05".

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] ::causes ripples of blasphemy in the chaos dungeon::

x[DM] then as you go down the stairs you mave a save versus spell (with mods -4 if lawful and +4 if chaotic) failure means you are under the effects of a chaos spell. The stairs are an Escher style set of winding stairs, passages, and arches. You wander down the stairs and eventually come out to the hallway below. As you come down the stairs you need another save with no modifiers as you enter a glowing hallway with voices chanting in your head. All paladins and Lawful priests are uncomfortble as if an evil or chaotic presence permeated the very stones of this place.

x[DM] so in order we need saves,

x[DM] please wait and do them in order

x[DM] it does matter

x[Finglass (Mystery Man) (to DM only)] Hey, useless! Wake up

x[Baby Bowler] Okay... and no roll if we're netural then?

x[DM] Alastair moved 1'06".

x[Baby Bowler] or rather no mod to the roll

x[DM] Alastair moved 9'00".

x[DM] Alastair moved 4'06".

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] Alastair: Magical Spell save: (d20) [4] 4. PROBABLY SUCCEEDS against (4) [4] 4!!!

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] Finglass: Magical Spell save: (d20) [11] 11. PROBABLY SUCCEEDS against (10) [10] 10!!!

x[Baby Bowler] Kylia Wolfslayer moved 2'06".

x[DM] ok, so Alastair heads down the stairs,

x[DM] now Kylia makes the save

x[Baby Bowler] Kylia Wolfslayer: Magical Spell save: (d20) [17] 17. PROBABLY SUCCEEDS against (10) [10] 10!!!

x[DM] Kylia Wolfslayer moved 14'04".

x[DM] so Kylia reaches the floor

x[DM] and alastair must have been ahead of you

x[DM] and he is no where to be seen

x[DM] Finglass save

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] Finglass: Magical Spell save: (d20) [19] 19. PROBABLY SUCCEEDS against (10) [10] 10!!!

x[DM] so finglass needs to make an additional save now

x[DM] no modifiers

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] Finglass: Magical Spell save: (d20) [10] 10. PROBABLY SUCCEEDS against (10) [10] 10!!!

x[DM] ok, so Finglass lands in the room below

x[DM] Finglass moved 6'06".

xBaby Bowler is receiving the map Shrine Level Two...

xBaby Bowler has received the map Shrine Level Two.

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] Finglass: Magical Spell save: (d20) [10] 10. PROBABLY SUCCEEDS against 10!!!

x[DM] next antaris is on the stairs

x[DM] make the first save

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] Antarias: Magical Spell save: (d20) [14] 14. PROBABLY SUCCEEDS against (9) [9] 9!!!

x[DM] now make one normal save

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] Antarias: Magical Spell save: (d20) [6] 6. PROBABLY FAILS against (9) [9] 9

[DM] ==== Gaming session started: Fri Jun 02 21:36:24 EDT 2006 ====

x[DM] Antarias moved 17'09".

Beth has joined the game on Fri Jun 02 21:37:17 EDT 2006

Molly has joined the game on Fri Jun 02 21:37:25 EDT 2006

Beth is receiving the map Shrine Level One...

Beth has received the map Shrine Level One.

Mystery Man has joined the game on Fri Jun 02 21:37:44 EDT 2006

Baby Bowler has joined the game on Fri Jun 02 21:37:45 EDT 2006

Molly is receiving the map Base...

Molly has received the map Base.

Mystery Man is receiving the map Shrine Level Two...

Mystery Man has received the map Shrine Level Two.

BiBo!!! has joined the game on Fri Jun 02 21:37:54 EDT 2006

BiBo!!! is receiving the map Shrine Level One...

BiBo!!! has received the map Shrine Level One.

[DM] so to make sure that everyone knows what is happening

Sean has joined the game on Fri Jun 02 21:39:49 EDT 2006

Sean is receiving the map Shrine Level One...

Sean has received the map Shrine Level One.

[DM] JUniper make the first save

x[BiBo!!!] Juniper: Magical Spell save: (d20) [14] 14. PROBABLY SUCCEEDS against (14) [14] 14!!!

x[DM] Juniper moved 23'05".

[DM] now when you enter the hall way you make one more save

x[BiBo!!!] Juniper: Magical Spell save: (d20) [10] 10. PROBABLY FAILS against (14) [14] 14

[DM] Kira save versus spell

x[Beth] Kira: Magical Spell save: (d20) [2] 2. PROBABLY FAILS against (13) [13] 13

[DM] ok

[DM] then Sweetums

x[Sean (to GM only)] Character sheet for Sweetums modified: Saving Throws - Magical Spell:: CHANGED: 13 (null).

x[Sean] Sweetums: Magical Spell save: (d20) [9] 9. PROBABLY FAILS against (13) [13] 13

[DM] so what we have

[DM] I will send the map to you in a moment, but want to describe it first

[DM] you have the three people who made their first save

[DM] Kylia, Finglass and Antarias

[DM] at the head of a hallway

[DM] after coming through the maze of stairs

[DM] Kylia and Finglass are feeling the pressure of the voices of chaos inside of their heads

[DM] but are able to resist it for now

[DM] Antarias has his alignment changed

[DM] He is now Neutral Good

[DM] permantly

x[Mystery Man (to GM only)] Character sheet for Antarias modified: Personal Information - Alignment:: CHANGED: NG (LG).

[DM] so that leaves the rest of the group wandering the stairs lost

[DM] starting in the oder they failed

[DM] Alastair needs to roll a d10

[BiBo!!!] (d10) [1] 1

[DM] ok,

[DM] Next is Juniper please

[BiBo!!!] (d10) [6] 6

[DM] now Kira please,

[Beth] (d10)

[Beth] (d10) [7] 7

[DM] now Sweetums

[Sean] (d10) [4] 4

[DM] ok, that gives us a new round and no one has reapeared from the stairs

[DM] I will do one more round

[DM] in order

[BiBo!!!] (d10) [6] 6

[BiBo!!!] (d10) [1] 1

[DM] thank ou

[DM] you

[DM] now Kira

[Beth] (d10) [5] 5

[DM] sweetums

[Sean] (d10) [8] 8

[DM] ok, so now that is two rounds have gone by and the three of you are on the bottom

[DM] and are you waiting? or doing what?

[DM] Mike adn Lorie

[Baby Bowler] ((Bob haven't reloaded map ))

[Mystery Man] waiting, i suppose

[DM] oh, sorry,

[DM] ok

[DM] everyone should have the map

x[BiBo!!! (to GM only)] Character sheet for Finglass modified: Spells - DELETED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. DELETED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. DELETED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. DELETED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. ADDED: , null, null, null, null, null, null, null. ADDED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. ADDED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. ADDED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null.

[Mystery Man (to DM only)] Useless, wake up. We're back in your precious dungeon

x[Kylia Wolfslayer (Baby Bowler)] :: looks at Finglass and Antarias :: Where do you think they went?

[DM] ok, maps are all loaded now

[DM] sorry for the delay not sure why that happened

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] Stuck in those stairs, I'd guess.

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] They seemed a bit odd.

[DM] so we roll again

[BiBo!!!] (d10) [6] 6(1d10) [5] 5

[DM] Alastair adn Jun

[DM] then Kira

[DM] and then sweetems

[DM] Kira?

[Beth] (d10) [4] 4

[Sean] (d10) [4] 4

[BiBo!!!] (d10) [4] 4(1d10) [1] 1

[DM] ok, again Kira

[Beth] (d10) [4] 4

[Sean] (d10) [7] 7

[DM] and sweetums

[DM] so now

[DM] Kira is first

[Beth] (d10) [9] 9

[Sean] (d10) [6] 6

[DM] so that is 5 rounds total so far

[DM] of wandering teh stairs

[DM] kira roll again

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] ::will just wait::

[Beth] (d10) [5] 5

[Sean] (d10) [9] 9

[DM] and again

[Beth] (d10) [8] 8

[Sean] (d10) [2] 2

[DM] and again

[Beth] (d10) [10] 10

[DM] and Kira is out

[Sean] (d10) [10] 10

[DM] now it is only Sweetums

[DM] and

[DM] the cheers go up

[DM] now Kira make a save

x[DM] Kira moved 0'11".

x[Beth] Kira: Magical Spell save: (d20) [10] 10. PROBABLY FAILS against (13) [13] 13

x[Sweetums (Sean)] Sweetums: Magic Resistant check:(d100) [95] 95. PROBABLY FAILS against (15) [15] 15

x[Sweetums (Sean)] Sweetums: Magical Spell save: (d20) [10] 10. PROBABLY FAILS against (13) [13] 13

[DM] so Kira your alignments changes

[DM] to Chaotic Good

[DM] from Netural Good

[DM] Sweetums goes to Chaotic Neutral

[Mystery Man] chaotic good is the good good anyway

[DM] then Alastair appears

x[BiBo!!!] Alastair: magic resistance check:(d100) [13] 13. PROBABLY SUCCEEDS against (50) [50] 50!!!

x[BiBo!!!] Juniper: Magical Spell save: (d20) [1] 1. PROBABLY FAILS against (14) [14] 14

x[DM] Juniper moved 3'03".

[DM] and now

[Mystery Man] suckage

[DM] Juniper changes

[Mystery Man] that is so teh suckage

[DM] Neutral Good

[BiBo!!!] the lamest alignment ever

[DM] and make a wisdom check for Juniper

[DM] so she stays a priest

[DM] and in 'good' standing

[DM] so everyone is understanding where you are now

[DM] you have a halway that stretches out in front of you

[Mystery Man] yes. we are in teh suxorz

[DM] you all hear the voices in your head

[DM] calling you to chaos

[Mystery Man] i'm already there

x[BiBo!!!] Juniper: WIS check: (d20) [18] 18. PROBABLY FAILS against (17) [17] 17

[DM] there are wooden doors on the right and left up ahead

[DM] Juniper pats her pocket and pulls out the chaos key

x[Juniper (BiBo!!!)] :holds up the chaos key:

x[Beth] Kira: Find/Remove Traps check:(d100) [66] 66. PROBABLY SUCCEEDS against (95) [95] 95!!!

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] What?

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] Why are you holding that up? We've already used it

x[Juniper (BiBo!!!)] ::shrugs:: it's in my pocket

[DM] ok, so kira move to the door you want to check right or left

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] Okay. Is that horrible?

[Beth] left

[Beth] I'm not seeing the doors on the map,

x[DM] Kira moved 19'01".

[DM] this is a isometic map

[DM] so is sort of 3d

[Beth] thank you

[DM] not locked

[DM] and you find no traps

[DM] you all feel al little chill in the ari here in teh hallway

[Beth] check right door

[DM] ok, then make that check again,

[DM] only to me

x[Beth] Kira: Find/Remove Traps check:(d100) [24] 24. PROBABLY SUCCEEDS against (95) [95] 95!!!

[Beth] sorry

x[DM] Kira moved 8'01".

[DM] is ok

[Beth] *sigh* I'll get it eventually

[DM] so no traps

[DM] this is the chaos dungeon after all, see what is happening all night ;)

[DM] so which door are you goign to try?

[Beth] I'll leave that up to the others

[DM] this hallway is filled with a dim muti-colored light that seems to emanate from the walls,

[DM] except for the wooden doors that you checked

x[Finglass (Mystery Man) (to DM only)] are there any suprises behind these doors i should know about?

[DM (to Mystery Man only)] I know not what is here, only that the powers of chaos are strong

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] sigh

x[Juniper (BiBo!!!)] left

x[Juniper (BiBo!!!)] Antarias moved 13'02".

x[DM] Antarias moved 3'03".

x[DM] Kira moved 7'07".

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] Antarias moved 12'02".

Mystery Man has left the game on Fri Jun 02 22:23:21 EDT 2006

Baby Bowler has left the game on Fri Jun 02 22:23:28 EDT 2006

x[DM] Antarias moved 11'07".

Mystery Man has joined the game on Fri Jun 02 22:23:59 EDT 2006

Mystery Man is receiving the map Shrine Level Two...

Mystery Man has received the map Shrine Level Two.

x[Mystery Man] Antarias moved 4'05".

x[Mystery Man] Antarias moved 3'03".

x[Mystery Man] Finglass moved 15'02".

[DM] so the door on the left

[DM] where does everyone want to be

x[DM] Antarias moved 6'09".

[DM] unlike the chilly halway the air in this place is hot and burns your nostrils. Flames leap up from little pools of lava spread through this cavern. Ceysers of hot mud erupt from time to time, releasing a sulfurous stink into the air. Steam rise from teh floor fo this inferno. A small path about two feet wide can be dimly glimpsed trhought eh steam as it winds its way among the lava pools. It leads to a golden door about 90 feet away; the door glistens in the muggy heat.

[DM] that is what you see

[Mystery Man] lovely

[Mystery Man] who wants in?

[DM] the map is vague becuase the rooms are actually other parts of existance,

[Mystery Man] no one wants to check it out?

[DM] I am away from the keyboard.

[DM] I am back at the keyboard.

[DM] pause for a couple of seconds as I walk the dogs sorry

[DM] I am away from the keyboard.

x[Juniper (BiBo!!!)] finny goes in

x[Juniper (BiBo!!!)] he's all fire resistant and everything

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] No I'm not. And my name isn't Finny.

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] "Fine, then lend me your sword and I'll do it."

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] "Or the resident dwarf could do it."

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] What if you drop it? Can I have your sword?

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] "My sword won't help you survive lava."

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] I rather like my sword keeping me safe...

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] "Then go be safe in the lava."

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] It's not exactly safe in lava.

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] "Safer for you than the rest of us."

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] ::sighs::

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] "Or your brother could do it."

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] I didn't want to have to come back in here.

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] He doesn't have the sword

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] "No but he doesn't flinch at fire neither."

x[Finglass (Mystery Man) (to DM only)] Do you know anything about this room? ::detect evil::

[DM] I am back at the keyboard.

[DM (to Mystery Man only)] the rooms seems magical but not evil

x[Finglass (Mystery Man) (to DM only)] ((now, are the protection from evil and sanctuary persistant, or i have to activate them?))

[DM (to Mystery Man only)] persistant, just remind me

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] Very well.

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] ::goes in sticking to the path, sword in hand

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] Finglass moved 14'09".

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] Antarias moved 5'11".

x[DM] Finglass moved 10'11".

[DM] as finglass moves into the room and out onto the path is anyone following along?

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] not without lava protection

x[DM] Finglass moved 9'03".

[DM] ok,

[DM] so at this point Finglass is obscured by the geysers

[DM] and steams

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!) (to GM only)] Character sheet for Juniper modified: Spells - DELETED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. DELETED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. DELETED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. CHANGED: Rally -- Expression: Units make rally checks in the magic phase instead of the rally phase, with a +1 bonus if priest is 12th level or higher. (a), DELETED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. DELETED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. DELETED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. DELETED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. DELETED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. DELETED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. DELETED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. DELETED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. DELETED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. DELETED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. DELETED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. ADDED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. ADDED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. ADDED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. ADDED: Rally, 2, 2, a, --, 1, null, null. ADDED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. ADDED: , null, null, null, null, null, null, null. ADDED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. ADDED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. ADDED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. ADDED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. ADDED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. ADDED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. ADDED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. ADDED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null. ADDED: null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null.

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] ::shouts:: "You alright Finglass?"

[DM] no answer

x[Antarias (Mystery Man)] You still with us?

x[DM] Finglass: No adjustments made

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] "Probably can't hear us right now. Give him a minute or two I suppose."

x[Antarias (Mystery Man)] I suppose

x[DM] Finglass's Current Hit Points: adjusted to 56 (-17) - Lightly Wounded

x[Antarias (Mystery Man) (to DM only)] i'mma search around down here first

x[Antarias (Mystery Man) (to DM only)] look for anything good

[DM (to Mystery Man only)] lots of bones, many broken skeletons, no sounds at all, you are free from the voices in teh hall right now also

[Mystery Man (to DM only)] no treasure type stuff?

[DM (to Mystery Man only)] none that you see here

[Mystery Man (to DM only)] i rope up my grappel arrow and shoot it out the doorway, then.

[DM] so the group at the door

[DM] sees an arrow suddenly STICK to the wood near the door

[DM] with a rope extended out behind it

[DM] it seems to be leading out over the path and to the spot where Finglass disapeared

[DM] but you do not see or hear him

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] ::tugs the rope::

x[Antarias (Mystery Man)] ::pulls on the rope::

x[DM] Alastair moved 25'11".

x[DM] Antarias moved 4'10".

[DM] you feel a tugging back

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] guess I'll pull

x[DM (to GM only)] Finglass moved 10'05".

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] Thank you.

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] I do believe that was a trap

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] "So it seems jolly old chum"

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] Then you can go in the next one

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] "I volunteered."

x[DM] Finglass moved 8'06".

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] Well, we now know there is nothing down there.

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] "You said no, you'll drop the sword."

x[DM] Juniper moved 12'06".

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] "When have I ever dropped a sword?"

x[DM] Sweetums moved 20'02".

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] Wouldn't have helped you anyway.

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] "Yes well, that's hardly the point."

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] "Next door."

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] Alastair moved 14'02".

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] Alastair moved 3'07".

[DM] you with us beth?

x[DM] Alastair moved 8'01".

[Beth] yes

[Beth] sorry, feeding my face

x[Beth] Kira moved 11'00".

[DM] is ok

[DM] just making sure

[DM] you open the door into a strange scene. A very ancient and wrinkled man sits at a desk of black wood writing. Hundreds of insects cover the room many of the them buzzing and chirping in strange yet beautiful harmonies.

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] "Hello?"

[DM] Hundresd of tomes and paper lie scatter abotu the floor and notes are screwled on teh wall in some unkonw language

[DM] a alrge barrel sits nexto the desk

[DM] a tube come from teh barrel and is connect to the pen teh oldman holds

[DM] he doesn't notice your group and contines to write

[DM] stopping once in a while to take an insect and pop it into his mouth

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] ((so, who knows the unkonw language?))

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] ::glances into the barrel then walks over to the man::

x[Finglass (Mystery Man)] ((is that african?))

[DM] then as you speak he looks up

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] ((I know 5 languages, none of them unkonw))

[Asaru] so long so long since I have had visitors

[Asaru] too few nowaday seek to consult the wise,

[Asaru] almost do I forget the last to see the favor of the hall.

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] Alastair: Detect Evil: any evil?

[Asaru] but I forget my nammer, I am Asaru Keepr of the hall

[Asaru] who are you adn what do you seek?

[Asaru] no evil detected

x[Sweetums (Sean)] ((Arthur, King of the Britons. I seek the Holy Grail!)

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] "Favor you say? I am Alistair Dempster and I suppose I seek the favor of this hall."

[Asaru] just to be clear on that evil check sorry,

[Asaru] HE is not evil

[Asaru] just to be clear

[Asaru] yes the rest of the room glows evil

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] oh good

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] though it more is a feeling than a glow

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] but anyways, what's he say?

[Asaru] Here a petioner may be granted wealth byond the dreams of avarice,

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] "Oh... I'm not looking for that. What else do you have?"

[Asaru] why are you here then?

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] "Favor. Glory. You know, to grow as a human being."

[Asaru] ahh

[Asaru] scribble scribble

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] "This hall DOES have that right? It would be a shame to go through all this just for a pile of money."

[Asaru] the lords of chaos reward all those who seek

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] "And where might I seek them?"

[Asaru] down the hall

[Asaru] where the statues are

[Asaru] did you not see the great heroes of old?

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] "No, not yet. Should I have?"

[Asaru] I find it hard to beleive you did nto see the statues in the hallway

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] "I have not gone down the hallway yet, I stopped here."

x[Finglass (Mystery Man) (to DM only)] is this man who he is talking to an agent of chaos that you wish to destroy?

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] "Or do you mean upstairs? I think I met some fellows up there. They did not claim to be heroes of old though. They were rather nice fellows however."

[Asaru (to Mystery Man only)] yes

[Asaru] the priests upstairs?

[Asaru] they are doing much good work

x[Finglass (Mystery Man) (to DM only)] you are still aware that people would call me chaotic, too. Why don't you wish to destroy me?

[Asaru (to Mystery Man only)] we will destroy this place together first

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] "Indeed they are. So the heroes of old are down the hall you say? Are they living or merely images of them?"

[Asaru] heroes never die

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] "Of course. Will they help me find the lords?"

[Asaru] they will always assist true petitioners

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] "They must have some way of recognizing the true ones from the false ones. It would be a shame for a false petitioner to seek undeserved glory. How do they judge petitioners?"

[Asaru] by their actions and words as we are always judged

[Asaru] sribble scribble

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] "Ah... that seems rather unreliable, but I suppose a true petitioner of chaos would know to rely on the unreliable."

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] "Is there anything I might do for you before I continue down the path friend?"

[Asaru] no I am very busy writing

[Asaru] always writing

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] "Of course. What is it you are writing anyway?"

[Asaru] Thing, I write of things

[Asaru] marvelous things

[Asaru] hideoius tings

[Asaru] unsettling things that no one has ever known or wanted to know

[Asaru] I write fo futures and pasts

[Asaru] of when and where

[Asaru] things unseen and unheard

[Asaru] he gestures at teh papers scattered about the room

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] "It must all be quite fascinating."

[Asaru] this is what I write

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] "I see. I shall leave you to your writings then and seek out the lords. Is there anything you might tell me before I go?"

[Asaru] always writing

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] "Very well. Good luck in your writings."

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] ::leaves::

[Asaru] ok, so reassemble in teh hallway

[Asaru] set up your marching order

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] Alastair moved 16'11".

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] Alastair moved 13'04".

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] Kira moved 10'04".

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] Antarias moved 13'09".

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] Alastair moved 10'08".

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] Finglass moved 11'03".

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] Kylia Wolfslayer moved 16'06".

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] Juniper moved 4'01".

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] Sweetums moved 2'05".

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] howsat?

[Asaru] everyone ok with that?

x[Asaru] Kira, Alastair, Sweetums, Antarias, Juniper, Kylia Wolfslayer and Finglass moved 22'07".

[DM] and this is a good place to stop

[DM] and pick up next week with this encounter

x[Alastair (BiBo!!!)] night everyone

Mystery Man has left the game on Fri Jun 02 23:20:03 EDT 2006

x[Sweetums (Sean)] Good night

BiBo!!! has left the game on Fri Jun 02 23:20:08 EDT 2006

Sean has left the game on Fri Jun 02 23:20:09 EDT 2006

[Beth] Good night all!

Beth has left the game on Fri Jun 02 23:20:19 EDT 2006