View  Edit  Attributes  History  Attach  Print  Search
Main / Sep1915C

Sep 19 15 - BOB's Birthday Game - Birthday Game 2015 - Diplomatic Entanglements - Book Marked

[Master] Welcome to BOB's Birthday Game 2015

[Master] so I updated the Threads to include Book Marked

[Master] for Branwyn's new demon mark

[Master] and did some of the highlighting to get it started

[Master] so everyone is in the Salon

[Master] Breakfast is being served

[Master (to Mike only)] you are bringing the Ambassador from the Gold Hills along with you, you met at a party earlier thsi week and saw him on the street this morning

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Good morning everyone. Look who I found. We met the ambassador from the Gold Hills last night and ran into him this morning. He said he's a friend of yours."

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You have met no one of the sort Seremella.

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Sure I have. See? Here he is."

Branwyn (Lisa) points accusingly at Jondar "That man is an imposter and made a fool of me in front of the City Council."

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I don't know what your plan is but I am not interested Jondar or whatever your name is.

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] quietly, Joseph the doors please

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Huh? Really?"

[Branwyn (Lisa)] There is no Ambassador from Gold Hills in Dryads Lair

[Jilly (Master)] Oh hello Jondar! are you here for breakfast?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] He doesn't get a scrap until he explains himself.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Jilly, ready your spoon please.

Jilly (Master) looking at Branwyn

[Jilly (Master)] I uh sure

[Jilly (Master)] OH did he not eat his veggies?

[Jilly (Master)] OOOOO

[Jilly (Master)] shakes her head

[Jondar (brad-41889)] umm a spoon?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Jilly's weapon of choice.

Indigo (Lisa) rubs knuckles "It hurts when she smacks you with that. You better start explaining whatever it is you are supposed to be explaining.

Indigo (Lisa) looks at Branwyn "He isn't the Ambassador?"

[Jondar (brad-41889)] No Indigo I fear Lady Branwyn is quite correct, I am not an ambassador

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I introduced you to the Prince as such. You have been visting the Elvish Ambassador. What is your scheme?

Kenna Westfoot (Spring) shocked

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] i want to know why

[Jondar (brad-41889)] well my original was merely to get an entrance into the homes of the true ambassadors for the sake of acquiring a few trinkets

Kenna Westfoot (Spring) completely shocked

Kenna Westfoot (Spring) moving to outrage

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] you ... you ... !!!!

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] i have no words for how low you are

[Jondar (brad-41889)] but I found that I enjoy the intrigue more than merely just leaving with petty trinkets

[Jondar (brad-41889)] for that I do thank you Lady Branwyn. Im just confused as to how you found out.

[Jondar (brad-41889)] I do apologize as well for the dishonesty and subterfuge.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I mentioned your name at a City Council meeting and Prince Loplin's son was kind enough to inform me that Gold Hills had sent no Ambassador to the City.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You have stolen from us?

[Jondar (brad-41889)] NEVER!

Kenna Westfoot (Spring) murderous look

[Jondar (brad-41889)] I do not steal from those that have shown such kindness and loyalty to those of my race.

[Indigo (Lisa)] But what about the troll invasion? I wrote home telling my family.

[Jondar (brad-41889)] that is no lie the trolls do invade quite often

[Jondar (brad-41889)] and it is about time for yet another of their invasions.

[Master (to Mike only)] you can confirm that, they come from the western wildlands near the mountains

[Branwyn (Lisa)] But you have no knowledge and most likely Indigo's family is quite safe?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] He was ready to go home and fight them you know.

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "What he says about the trolls is true enough."

[Jondar (brad-41889)] most likely they are safe enough, I havent heard any news of any trouble as of this morning

Branwyn (Lisa) sighs

[Branwyn (Lisa)] That is good news at least.

Kenna Westfoot (Spring) fuming

[Branwyn (Lisa)] So what brings you here this morning then?

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] if this becomes known it is shame on all my people

[Indigo (Lisa)] People already see us and think we are all thieves.

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] thanks to the likes of him!

[Jondar (brad-41889)] This may come as a surprise but I came to offer you my assisstance in your travels

Indigo (Lisa) scratches his head "I just got back. We're not going anywhere."

Indigo (Lisa) looks at Branwyn "Are we?"

Kenna Westfoot (Spring) looks at Branwyn too

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Of course not. At least I'm not.

[Jondar (brad-41889)] the kindnesses that you have shown me lead me to beleive that maybe your arrival was a sign that I need to change a bit and trust people again.

Kenna Westfoot (Spring) heaves a big sigh, staring at the oatmeal

[Jilly (Master)] Do I hit him now?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] We are trustworthy. I suppose the real question is - are you? But you have an invitation to the feast at the manor today. You can start to prove that.

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles at Jilly "Kenna and Indigo are in charge of Jondar I think."

Kenna Westfoot (Spring) groan

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Kenna, should Jondar have breakfast or a smack with the spoon?

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] both, i think. but best start with oatmeal

Kenna Westfoot (Spring) sigh

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You do not wish to keep an eye on Jondar?

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] Ambassador, as always, i am in your service until my order reassigns me. i do not have to like it, but i will do as you bid

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I can have Joseph throw him out in the street.

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] besides, i respect and trust you

Kenna Westfoot (Spring) smile

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Thank you, but I do not wish to cause you grief.

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] ha, all life has some grief. it is not a worry

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] thank you, though

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It is just you both see so few halflings I thought it might be nice if you could have another acquaintance and maybe your goodness will rub off on him.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] If that is possible.

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] Jondar, i invited you, so i take it personally. please have some oatmeal. and then we will see what can be done

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] i will sefinitely keep an eye on jondar

[Jilly (Master)] Do you want him to have breakfast?

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] yes, please jilly

Jilly (Master) sniffs

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] i recommend oatmeal with fruit. good for the innards

[Jondar (brad-41889)] I fear Miss Jilly I do not have much of an appetite this morning.

[Jilly (Master)] puts a bowl in front of Jondar

Jilly (Master) waves a spoon in front of him

[Jilly (Master)] You better eat

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] please forgive the mundane, branwyn, but if we accept jondar's offer to join and assist us, there is the matter of lodging

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "I would like some."

[Jilly (Master)] I never would do something like sneak off to join a group

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Then we need to get some black dresses."

Jilly (Master) smacks Indigo before he says anything

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Ellenara, you can meet my apprentices, Johan and Useless, I am sure they will be able to tell you all about doing magic with me.

Kenna Westfoot (Spring) nodding at seremella approvingly, about the breakfast

Jilly (Master) spins and walks out the secret door to get more food

Branwyn (Lisa) looks at Kenna "where is he living now? He must have a home somewhere."

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] for appaearances sake, the "ambassador" probably cannot move in here

Jondar (brad-41889) chuckles

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] right? (looking at jondar)

[Jondar (brad-41889)] I have been staying at the Gold Hills Embassy

Branwyn (Lisa) rolls her eyes

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] i had not been paying attention enough to know whether there were a formal embassy or not

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] i simply addressed the invitation to ambassador and trusted the post

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Which tavern in the Knife are you staying in?

[Jondar (brad-41889)] and you are quite correct for me to move in here would be very eyebrow raising to say the least

Branwyn (Lisa) wishes Ilero were here

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Golden toad, silver frog?

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] so if indigo and i are to ahem assist the ambassador, we probably should lodge with or near him

[Jondar (brad-41889)] Lady Branwyn you wound me I would never stoop to a room in a tavern

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Overturned Tankard

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] surely an ambassador would need a private residence

[Branwyn (Lisa)] But he's not.

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] in a middle-nice neighborhood. did you find one?

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] but he's posing as one

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] poor acting to stay in a tavern

[Branwyn (Lisa)] But you notice he always shows up at other people's houses. He has never sent us an invitation.

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] one would have to find and rent a privatee residence and find a way to fund it

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] oh, that is a good point

[Jondar (brad-41889)] There is a home in the northern part of the DIplomatic Quarter that I am renting from a Master Koplin

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Koplin?

Branwyn (Lisa) really wishes Ilero was here

[Jondar (brad-41889)] yes do you know the gentleman?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Regor's friend

[Master] and the threads all come weaving back together, grins

[Branwyn (Lisa)] He is a thief I am guessing but I have never met him personally.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Ilero was looking for him.

[Jondar (brad-41889)] maybe I can convince him that I will need a bigger place. I shall have to arranage a meeting between them then

[Branwyn (Lisa)] That would be nice. Ilero has been moodier than usual these days. He could use some news to cheer him up.

[Jilly (Master)] So I heard that elves like nuts?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] No!

[Jilly (Master)] I brought in two bowls of them becasue I was not sure which kind.

[Jilly (Master)] no? what?

[Jilly (Master)] don't you live in trees?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] That is like giving QuiFon a bowl of rocks.

[Jilly (Master)] who would do that?

[Jilly (Master)] you can't eat rocks

[Jilly (Master)] can you?

[Jilly (Master)] glances over at Jondar, thinking

[Jondar (brad-41889)] leave the nuts available but don't say they are for elves

[Branwyn (Lisa)] No, but that doesn't stop people from doing it.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Our new friends should like anything that you have planned on cooking Jilly. Like any of our guests.

[Jilly (Master)] of course they eat nuts

[Jilly (Master)] next you will tell me that mermaids don't eat fish

[Jilly (Master)] lucky we have lots of oatmeal

[Indigo (Lisa)] I eat nuts

Indigo (Lisa) grabs a couple out of the bowl

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] i also eat nuts

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] especially when there is no meat, but even if there is

Indigo (Lisa) grins at Kenna

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] and they are nice on oatmeal, with the fruit

Kenna Westfoot (Spring) surprised smile

[Jilly (Master)] Hello Hugh, are you ready for breakfast?

[Jilly (Master)] and why are you carrying that baby around?

[Indigo (Lisa)] We have nuts!

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] hugh! what on earth!

[Michael] I like nuts

[Michael] Welcome aboard. Rob people to your leisure just not Bran otherwise you might lose a hand. Not a threat by me, she'll rip your face off

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] i am not so offended at thieving in general. it is the scandal of impersonaltion (and fooling me!) that i hate so much

[Michael] Well I mean if you theive from us you might have some problems but I think he could prove useful. Why does he want to join forces?

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] and of course reminding people of other races that halflings are, per the usual, thieves. sigh

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "So Ambassador Branwyn, what's this party about tonight?"

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] hugh, have you met seremella and her sister? i have, barely

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It is a Kayugan feast. The Mourning of Megrim.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It is a tragic tale of unrequited love and death.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] So we celebrate

[Branwyn (Lisa)] There shall also be a trial I must preside over.

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Seems a strange thing to celebrate."

[Jondar (brad-41889)] a trial?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Yes. Gypsy trouble. If I do not decide between two young women the City would burn their whole caravan.

[Master] Mourning of Megrim - 15th day of the Tenth month - Kayugan This feast in the night is to mourn the loss of love in the dead of winter. Celebrations are traditionally held in dining halls where all the participants were black. Single women end the feast by drinking a glass of wine that is "poisoned" at midnight. This is to honor the passing of Megrim.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] The whole thing is terrible, but I can't let them do that.

[Jondar (brad-41889)] hmm who is wanting to burn the caravan?

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] The Sherriff

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] He has said that if there is not a choice and someone is banished then he will burn down both caravans

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] The gypsies appealed to me at the beginning of the month they had heard of Branwyn somehow

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] and thought she would be a fair arbiter, the Sheriff agreed

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "So what exactly is the contention?"

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "THough I'd think the city would want both sets of gypsies gone. They're nothing but trouble."

[Jondar (brad-41889)] actually gypsies are a quite well mannered folk unless they are pushed

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] He would be very happy to not allow any gypsies at all south of the wall

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Good idea. They're dirty rogues who often consort with the drow. Ugh."

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I have not heard the case yet so I do not know all the details, except there are two women who wish to marry the same man and somehow this cannot be resolved themselves.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] One will marry and the other banished.

Jondar (brad-41889) looks at Seremella in disgust

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "The man can't decide? There's something wrong there. Unless he just wants two mistresses."

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Though the one who is banished, I would like brought to a room in the manor to wait for me if possible. I do not want her tossed in the street.

[Indigo (Lisa)] The man's trouble. He's Pilist's nephew.

[Indigo (Lisa)] And neither woman will give him up.

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] Who is Pilst?

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Seems like the boy should make his choice whoever's nephew he is."

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Indigo do you have to do this? Why are you so unforgiving and just plain mean.

[Indigo (Lisa)] Because it's just going to happen all over again! That's why.

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] i hate to think that people can be irredeemable, but some people do just have a nature ...

[Indigo (Lisa)] You'll stop paying attention to things you should. And he can't stay and you can't go and then you'll just get all sad again.

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "What is going to happen again?"

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I'm not going to get sad again.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Just stop it, please.

Jondar (brad-41889) looks at both Indigo and Branwyn

Kenna Westfoot (Spring) embarrassed

[Jondar (brad-41889)] hmm now this is very interesting

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And the women must decide and not the man so it really isn't his fault.

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] i see there is more to this than the boy's own nature. i am sorry to intrude

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] I know I am missing something here,

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "So gypsy women decide who marries who and the men don't get a say?"

[Jondar (brad-41889)] it appears that Indigo is a bit jealous of the Pilst

[Branwyn (Lisa)] These must be prominent women.

Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master) looks at Saremella, That can't be

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "I know you humans live short lives, but I would think both partners would still want a say in how that goes."

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] really?

[Indigo (Lisa)] Thyme said that they both could be wisewomen.

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "So... gypsy wisewomen get to choose?"

[Branwyn (Lisa)] That explains it a bit better then. But if neither woman is willing to stand down then they are not doing their people much service.

Branwyn (Lisa) nods to Seremella "Yes. In fact this Wisewoman that you may meet soon, picked an old friend of ours."

[Indigo (Lisa)] She had a baby with him and everything.

[Indigo (Lisa)] He even looks like Sarengar.

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "So then whoever the mother is should get to marry him?"

[Indigo (Lisa)] No that's Wisewoman Thyme. That happened way back.

[Indigo (Lisa)] These are two almost wise women and the nephew.

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "You should meet with the boy and see which one he likes better."

[Jondar (brad-41889)] and you wonder why I was coming forward to offer my aid, its because of things like this.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I am getting myself confused. Thyme chose Sarengar because she was to be wisewoman and she could not marry.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] She wanted a child.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] So if these two girls want this man. The one that gets him shall not be a wisewoman.

[Jondar (brad-41889)] so one of these girls will marry and the other will become a wisewoman?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And if the other is banished, neither shall she.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] So both girls do not seem worthy of the title

[Branwyn (Lisa)] There are sacrifices that must be made sometimes.

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "So it would seem. Because they will not make a decision the gypsies miss their wisewoman. And they need wise people as much as they can get."

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I agree

[Master (to brad-41889 only)] no he cannot banish them officially but he can stop their caravans from coming south of the wall

[Branwyn (Lisa)] But the more I talk about this, I have an idea.

[Jondar (brad-41889)] Lady Branwyn

[Jondar (brad-41889)] the sheriff cannot banish them, the most he can do is stop the caravans from coming south of the wall

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] ask them to banish the married couple instead and keep the wisewoman?

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] perhaps they could then decide who would be which

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I am not entirely familiar with all these laws. or which is the Sheriff and which are gypsy custom.

Jondar (brad-41889) smiles at Branwyn

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] it sounded to me the sheriff's interest was preventing civic unrest

[Jondar (brad-41889)] now you see what I can do to help you

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You would think that the caravans would simply steal off and solve this themselves. I do not fully understand.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] But I might need to borrow one of Indigo's swords for the trial.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Violence may be necessary.

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles mysteriously

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] jondar, do you have a recommendation?

[Indigo (Lisa)] You don't even know how to use my sword

[Jondar (brad-41889)] I dont know enough of the circumstances but I would be wondering what does the sheriff get out of the whole banishing idea

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] i got the impression that it is the tribes who do the banishing

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I am sure we will hear more when the trial begins

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] and that the sheriff does not want a battle between tribes going on just outside the city wall

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And I can use a sword if the victim is held down.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I am not thinking I am going to start dueling Indigo.

[Jondar (brad-41889)] if he had threatened to not allow them south of the wall that i would understand but banishing when he cant officially do that

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] so his solution is torch them all and bar any future camping

Indigo (Lisa) looks confused "Oh, ummm, okay."

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] i could be the confused one, but here is my understanding

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] the tribes are disputing

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Only the girl not chosen will be banished

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] whever doesn't marry must be banished. their laws

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Not the caravan.

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] this is causing tension that the sheriff does not want

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] so they either solve it peacefully or get torched and barred

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] so i am thinking, if the tribes can be persuaded to banis the married ones instead, peace might be achieved

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] did i understand correctly?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Either way someone gets banished. That is not a good solution.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Unless perhaps one of the women drops her claim.

[Jondar (brad-41889)] there must be a better answer than banishment

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] if i love someone enough, i would take banishment to protect them and their people

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And that is where the violence comes in.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I have a plan.

Kenna Westfoot (Spring) listening

[Branwyn (Lisa)] The whole trial is based on the matter that neither woman will drop her claim and so I am deciding. If one of the women drops her claim I do not have to decide and no banishment should be necessary.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] So I want the goblin sword for tonight please.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I don't want to say more in case I am misunderstanding, but I think I have it figured out.

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] you threaten to kill him and the one who gives up gets him?

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] just a STAB in the dark

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] neither one will give up.

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] sigh. it is time for prayer. i must go

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] i will ask Uthe for guidance

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] excuse me, friends

[Master] &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

[Master] Phillipe is patiently waiting with his basket of scrolls and I am certain that branwyn would be more entertained by that conversation than those scrolls

[Michael] "what skills do you both have"

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "I'm a priestess of Solonor and my sister studies magic."

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "She also likes to talk a lot."

[Branwyn (Lisa)] What kind of god is Solonor?

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] ::sighs:: "Debating and taking part in the leadership of the academy isn't 'talking a lot.'"

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Ambassador, I do think I might be able to help you in both of your pursuits."

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "He is our god of the hunt."

[Jondar (brad-41889)] a priestess of the god of the hunt in a city very interesting

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Well I heard you guys are always going out on missions."

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] after all, this is the first time the party has been together in a year

[Michael] I'm afraid I don't know much about the elven people. Is there anything I should know? I tend to speak my mind at times and don't want to offend either of you on purpose?

[Jondar (brad-41889)] dont worry since you are not elvish you will offend most elves merely by existing

Branwyn (Lisa) laughs

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "And you pretend to be a diplomat?"

[Jondar (brad-41889)] my dear I speak from experience with regards to the attitudes of the elvish folk

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Well maybe you're just short on patience."

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Now, imposter, if you have nothing nice to say, stop interrupting us."

[Jondar (brad-41889)] and that is the attitude i was referring to.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Ellenara, so were trained in an academy? I told you I should be a great disappointment to you. I have never set foot in an academy. I think you shall find Marisu's background more akin to yours. She and Useless can take you to the Guild later in the week so they can get you settled in with membership and so forth.

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "To answer your question, Hugh, we are high elves, not grey elves. They are usually insulted by everyone. Though if you are concerned about insulting people, you might want to think before you speak."

Useless (Master) opens his mouth then sighs and goes back to being quiet

[Michael] Yeah, I insult everyone of my friends at one point or another. While I can dance gracefully witht the powers that be when I need to, I just don't really like doing it. But If we're all working together then I'll watch you back if you watch mine.

[Michael] Don't take me too seriously unless I'm really really upset

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Do you have something to say, Useless? Too busy for a visit to the Guild?

Useless (Master) shakes his head

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I think you like it better than here.

[Michael] ....That man's name is useless...? Ambassador?

[Useless (Master)] No of course not. glad to take her over there

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Thank you.

Branwyn (Lisa) turns to Hugh "A pet name."

[Michael] Useless?

[Michael] What did he do to spark your ire?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] All great mages must take on a name. Eventually he shall be ... be ... something the Useless.

[Michael] Huh....I'm glad I don't really do much magic

[Jondar (brad-41889)] can you think of a better name to be underestimated

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I mentioned that was one of his qualities and Midguard christened him thusly.

[Michael] Do either of you ladies practice magic arts?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Seremella's sister, Ellenara is a mage.

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Well yes, my sister does. And by that I assume you mean mage spells because as a priestess I have magic, too."

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Sorry. I should have been more specific. What kind of magic do you both practice? Offensive, Defensive, Healing, Manipulation, Mind and Body, Elemental, Pyschic, Etc.

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Well, I study the priestly magics. They have healing and spells that can be used to attack and there is some defense and manipulation over the mind and body. She studies mage spells which are kind of the same thing."

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "You don't know much about magic, do you?"

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Not everyone is as versed in magic as we are, sister."

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] I'll admit I am somewhat of a scholar in other things, but magic has always eluded my knowledge. Who better to hear about it then someone who knows about it?

Branwyn (Lisa) looks over at Useless brightly

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Well I figured a member of the Dragon Slayers would know this stuff. I mean, they've gone all over the world and done so much stuff."

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Well let me know when someone you care about dies right in front of you because another member of your group organized a half assed adventure to fight a fake dragon and then had to walk the entire way back and save a freezing demon baby in the process. Isn't that right Mercy?

[Master] The Dragonslayers Company is a mercenary unit that takes contracts throughout the Small Kingdoms. They rarely venture beyond into Terraguard.

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "If you want to know more about magic, I'm sure there are books at the library that can explain the differences to you."

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Hopefully Branwyn will take us there soon."

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Hugh, I do not believe you have a demon baby.

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] yeah, but the DragonSlayers are an adventuring group that have gone all over the world and live in this kingodm too. easy to confuse the two.

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Nah Ambassador. Just a term of respect for her

[Branwyn (Lisa)] When Kenna comes back you should have her set your mind at ease on that score.

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] I highly doubt despite her quirks she is a demon

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Besides she's just so cute

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "We should test her as my sister suggested."

Hugh D'Ambray (Michael) Rolls eyes

Branwyn (Lisa) shakes her head and smiles

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Perhaps the mage who lives here can detect evil?"

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It can't hurt anything.

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Evil is always a relative term

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "With you being marked by a demon, and this mysterious baby showing up at the same time..."

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I think I can defend myself against a baby

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Yeah. I'm relatively certain Mercy wont rip her throat out.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] If you wish to inquire on it then we can put the matter to rest once and for all.

Hugh D'Ambray (Michael) Glances at Mercy and sternly says "You leave the nice ambassador alone."

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "The unexpected can kill anyone."

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Well she doesn't seem to mind me all that much. Or Indigo for that matter

[Jondar (brad-41889)] most people dont want to have a spell cast on them without permission

[Branwyn (Lisa)] True. You two and Jondar also showed up afterwards so maybe you are all demons too

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] I know it's adorable

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] I mean seriously quiet but she knows enough to point at food and be fun to play with

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Okay Branwyn what's our plan for the day? Also I had a request that Indigo said I should ask about

[Branwyn (Lisa)] My plans are to read scrolls and prepare for the party this evening.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You have a request?

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Yeah. I'm still progressing in all areas of my life in regards to fighting and education but can I officially join the company of the Dragon Slayers? I mean the only real fight with a dragon I had was an illusion, but it still nearly made me...well no need to be crude. I feel with my skills and language abilities I would be a worthwile addition and being a mercenary has it's upsides. Well, when we are paid for our troubles anyways.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Of course you may, Hugh.

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Thanks Branwyn

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] So what about Scrolls today?

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] holds up a small basket

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] only seven today

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] that I have not already handled

[Branwyn (Lisa)] A light load

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] You have been invited to 27 parties

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] between now and new years

[Branwyn (Lisa)] We can send Jondar

Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master) mouth quirks

Jondar (brad-41889) chuckles

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] that would be interesting

[Jondar (brad-41889)] I'm sure i have quite a few of those invitations of my own

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] Then there are two here with Orange ribbons, one with Black, 1 with Red, 1 with Purple and 2 with Brown

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Hmmm ... save the black one for last.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Purple first please

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] Opens it up

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] The Prince sends his regrets that he cannot be here this evening for your dinner, but Sam will attend in his stead

[Branwyn (Lisa)] That was nice but what I expected.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I suppose we have to do the orange ones.

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] you are invted to a ball for King Winston of Golinar in three days

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] it is expected that you will bring a dancing partner

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Is that the red one?

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] no the purple one

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] Phillipe looks at Branwyn,

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I don't have a dancing partner.

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] glances over at Indigo

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I suppose I shall have to find one tonight.

[Indigo (Lisa)] I'm not going to go dancing with Branwyn

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Maybe my future husband shall wish to go if he has not already found a wife

[Branwyn (Lisa)] So send my acceptance. It is for all of us or just myself?

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] It was for you, but I believe you can bring as many guests as you wish as the Ambassador, but it seems they must come each with a dancing partner

Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master) glances over at Indigo and Kenna

Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master) glances over at Ilero and Shur

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Thank you. So you all have your assignments if you wish to go to the ball.

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] holds up his basket

[Branwyn (Lisa)] We are finsihed with purple?

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] nods

[Branwyn (Lisa)] So let's do the nasty orange ones.

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] You have two requests

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Then we can do the red one since I don't know who has red ribbons.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Yes?

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] One is a... request to host a party here, for a feast day

[Branwyn (Lisa)] More feasts.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Which one is this?

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] the other is an invitation for you to attend a service

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] They wish you to host the Festival of the Books - 18th day of the Third month

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] we have time to prepare

Branwyn (Lisa) claps her hands

Jondar (brad-41889) chuckles

[Branwyn (Lisa)] That is a feast day I will do happily.

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] but it would be expected that you would have something rather interesting to display

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Yes please

[Jondar (brad-41889)] what mage doesnt love the feast of books

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I have a book that will walk around the room and bite people

[Branwyn (Lisa)] If only we could get it out of the library.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And the service?

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] ::perks up at the feast of books::

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] It is a memorial service for the Wreck

[Branwyn (Lisa)] What wreck?

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] It is over in the Fault

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] I believe you went by there on your way to the Celestry

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Jennevive, do I need to go to a service for a shipwreck?

[Aunt Jennevive (Master)] I believe they are refering to the memorial service for a particular wreck, a ship from the Drillian Navy

[Aunt Jennevive (Master)] I think that having Indigo go would be quite apporpriate

[Branwyn (Lisa)] That would be wonderful.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Indigo, you get to go.

Indigo (Lisa) nods "Okay"

[Indigo (Lisa)] That's nice of Dryads Lair to have a memorial service for a Drillian shipwreck.

[Aunt Jennevive (Master)] It is on the 19th Sir Indigo

[Indigo (Lisa)] Seems a bit odd though doesn't it?

[Aunt Jennevive (Master)] They are having it because the Drillian Navy was defeated that day in the harbor

[Indigo (Lisa)] So it's a memorial for beating us?

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] It is actually a place where several ships went down

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] it is a memorial for sailors

[Indigo (Lisa)] I don't want to go to that.

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] Ambassador Waverlyn would send regrets and a donation to the Orphan Fund each year

[Jondar (brad-41889)] so that explains why she was not popular on the docks

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] This time the church seems to be more insistent that there is someone to attend

[Indigo (Lisa)] If it's for sailors I would go but I don't want to go if they are going to just brag about beating us.

[Jondar (brad-41889)] There is a lot of regret on both sides at least for the sailors

[Jondar (brad-41889)] some officials on the other hand would rather the hostilities had continued

[Indigo (Lisa)] I'll go. it shouldn't be that bad.

[Indigo (Lisa)] That way Branwyn won't complain about more donations.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] The red scroll?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I want to alternate between nice scrolls and bad scrolls.

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] hmm

[Branwyn (Lisa)] The red scroll isn't nice?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It has to be better than the brown ones.

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] I am not sure who this scroll is from

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] Opens up the red scroll

[Master] Hell Hound #2: Attack: Flame: (17-(d20+0)) [1d20=1] 16. MISSES Branwyn (AC FINAL: 6).

[Master] Hell Hound #1: Attack: Flame: (17-(d20+0)) [1d20=17] 0. HITS Branwyn (AC FINAL: 6)!!!

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] I need two Breath Weapon Saves

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn: Breath Weapon save: (d20) [1d20=2] 2 - ROLL FAILED against 13!!

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn: Breath Weapon save: (d20) [1d20=1] 1 - ROLL FAILED against 13!!

[Master] Hell Hound #2: Damage v SM: Flame: (4) 4 added to: Branwyn

[Master] Hell Hound #1: Damage v SM: Flame: (4) 4 added to: Branwyn

[Master] Branwyn's Current Hit Points: adjusted to 28 (-8) - Lightly Wounded

[Master] (1d20) [1d20=1] 1 the couch needs to get under a 3 to not catch fire

[Master] ROUND: 1

[Master] and no one would have any weapons with them

[Master] this was breakfast

[Master] a knife perhaps would be all

[Master] if you were not in your own house but this is ..... safe?

[Master] I will say that Jondar and Hugh because they do not live there could have weapons, the two new elves would not come to a strangers house armed except knives or dagger

[Indigo (Lisa)] JOSEPH! Get our weapons!

[Mike] "Move away from the beasts!"

Indigo (Lisa) tries to jump on the back of one of the hell hounds

Hugh D'Ambray (Michael) Shouts" This isn't a damn rodeo! Those are hell hounds Indigo!"

[Indigo (Lisa)] Indigo: Attack: Fists: (+14-(d20+1)) [1d20=9] 4. HITS Hell Hound #2 (AC FINAL: 4)!!!

[Master] Hell Hound #2's Current Hit Points: adjusted to 31 (-5) - Lightly Wounded

Branwyn (Lisa) jumps behind the couch to try to get a spell together

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn: DEX check: (d20) [1d20=8] 8 - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 16!!

[Master] so she is crouched behind the couch now

[Master] Joseph Shortkin moved 180'08".

Branwyn (Lisa) tries to get concentration back

[Jondar (brad-41889)] Jondar: Attack: Dagger/Dirk: (18-(d20+0)) [1d20=14] 4. HITS Hell Hound #1 (AC FINAL: 4)!!!

[Master] Hell Hound #1's Current Hit Points: adjusted to 33 (-3) - Lightly Wounded

[Master] Hell Hound #2: Attack: Bite: (17-(d20+0)) [1d20=2] 15. MISSES Indigo (AC FINAL: 4).

Ellenara Psyndarryn casts a spell against Hell Hound #1: Chromatic Orb: I conjure up an orb and if I hit you with it, it does one of many different things, see spell description for details. NOTE: Not available.

[Master] which color are you doing Ellenara?

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] so uh... (d20) [1d20=12] 12

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] doesn't matter since that's a miss anyway

Hugh D'Ambray (Michael) "Okay Mercy Dad needs his Dagger" Carefully places her under the table and that probably took my turn

[Master] you can put her under the table and guard in one round or under the table and run over but no attacks even if they attack you

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] I would like to be in the middle guard/ offensive

[Master] Johan the Apprentice grabs Jilly and pulls her from the room

[Jilly (Master)] NO NO NO

[Jilly (Master)] wait

[Master] Useless casts a spell against Hell Hound #2: Magic Missile: Magical bolts shoot forth, each doing 1d4+1 points of damage. The caster fires forth 1 at first level and an additional one for every second level after that until he fires 5 at 9th level.

[Master] Hell Hound #2's Current Hit Points: adjusted to 28 (-3) - Lightly Wounded

[Master] Hell Hound #1: Attack: Flame: (17-(d20+0)) [1d20=12] 5. HITS Phillipe Gaston Enquire (AC FINAL: 10)!!!

[Master] Hell Hound #1: Attack: Bite: (17-(d20+0)) [1d20=17] 0. HITS Phillipe Gaston Enquire (AC FINAL: 10)!!!

[Master] Phillipe Gaston Enquire: Breath Weapon save: (d20) [1d20=11] 11 - ROLL FAILED against 20!!

[Master] Phillipe falls over

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] Seremella Psyndarryn casts a spell against : Stone Shape - Priest: I permanently shape (9+6) 15 cubic feet of stone.

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] so i'm taking the floor underneath hellhound number one and making a stone dome over top of it and sealing it in stone

[Master] the dome is there

[Indigo (Lisa)] Indigo: Attack: Fists: (+14-(d20+1)) [1d20=2] 11. MISSES Hell Hound #2 (AC FINAL: 4).

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn casts a spell against Hell Hound #2: Manyjaws: Range: 10ft/lvl; Duration 6 rounds; Saving Throw: 1/2 Max 10 jaws. Spell brings 1 pair of clashing jaws per level of caster floating in midair. Jaws attack 1 creature per round at movement of 15. Jaws penetrate non-magic armour & automatically hit target each round. Magic armour is less 1 pt damage per jaw. Successful saving thorw is half damage but 1 pt damge minimum per jaw. Damage: (1d4*10) [1d4=4] 40

[Master] Hell Hound #2's Current Hit Points: adjusted to -12 (-40) - Dead

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Phillipe!

[Branwyn (Lisa)] runs over

[Master] Branwyn runs over and stops the bleeding

[Master] he is unconscious

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Phillipe!

Branwyn (Lisa) pats his hand

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] Seremella Psyndarryn casts a spell against Phillipe Gaston Enquire: cure light wounds.

Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master) coughs

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] blinking looking up at Branwyn hovering over him

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You're back!

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I'm so sorry.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] No more red scrolls

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] What happened? I felt a wash of flame

[Branwyn (Lisa)] We burn the red ones

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Never open them

[Branwyn (Lisa)] They were hellhounds coming for me from the demon mark

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] No. Someone sent the scrolls

[Phillipe Gaston Enquire (Master)] The scroll was in the basket this morning

[Master] Phillipe is walking wounded

[Master] which esentially means bed rest for him

[Master] Then you have the dome there in the middle of the salon now

[Master] the hell hound is locked under that

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Indigo get your swords and get everyone out.

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Um, Bran. Can I keep the Hellhound? Please?

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Are you insane?"

[Branwyn (Lisa)] What? NO!

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] It's not doing any harm currently and I would love to study it

[Branwyn (Lisa)] get out

[Branwyn (Lisa)] We need to kill it.

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "And Ambassador, maybe we can handle this without other injuries?"

Hugh D'Ambray (Michael) Sighs. Let me grab the kid

Indigo (Lisa) runs off to get his weapons

Indigo (Lisa) runs back up with his swords and his pick

[Indigo (Lisa)] I'm ready

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] okay.

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Can I watch? I promise not to interfere in any way shape or form.

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] I won't even speak

[Indigo (Lisa)] Out

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] so bob, i'm casting protection from fire on indigo, then using stoneshap to restore the floor for the party tonight

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Are you really that crazy?"

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] How come Indigo gets to stay but I don't?

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "We're dealing with a demon creature and you want to watch?"

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Hell yeah!

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "I assume because he has the weapons."

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] How often do you see things like this?

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "And here I thought you sounded intelligent."

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Get out before something happens so we can do this."

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Well of us, I have a weapon?

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Okay whatever. Come on Mercy

[Indigo (Lisa)] It breathes fire. You saw Phillipe. This will only take a minute.

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Hugh Exits in a huff. At least describe the encounter so I can record it in our jounal

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] when everyone is out i'll cast on indigo

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Jennevive, Joseph, get phillipe downstairs please

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] Ellenara Psyndarryn moved 17'00".

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Jennevive, Joseph, get phillipe downstairs please

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] and i'll stand waaaaaay over here.

[Useless (Master)] shall I cast my other Magic Missle?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Useless, you too. That was a very nice casting by the way.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Thank you.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] No one else gets hurt today.

Useless (Master) nods

Useless (Master) guards the door

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Indigo, do me a favor and scream a bunch so it doesn't burn me."

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] okay, casting stoneshape now

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] cast!

[Indigo (Lisa)] Indigo: Attack: Goblin Sword: ((+14-(d20+1))-3) [1d20=4] 6 [MODIFIED (-3)]. MISSES Hell Hound #1 (AC FINAL: 4).

[Indigo (Lisa)] Indigo: Attack: Short Sword: ((+14-(d20+1))-3) [1d20=2] 8 [MODIFIED (-3)]. MISSES Hell Hound #1 (AC FINAL: 4).

[Indigo (Lisa)] Indigo: Attack: Goblin Sword: ((+14-(d20+1))-3) [1d20=19] -9 [MODIFIED (-3)]. HITS Hell Hound #1 (AC FINAL: 4)!!!

[Master] Hell Hound #1's Current Hit Points: adjusted to 24 (-9) - Moderately Wounded

[Indigo (Lisa)] Branwyn casts a spell against Hell Hound #1: Magic Missile: Magical bolts shoot forth, each doing (1d4+1) points of damage. The caster fires forth 1 at first level and an additional one for every second level after that until he fires 5 at 9th level. So assuming they are all going at one character for now, they deal (5d4+5) [5d4=4,3,1,1,4] 18 damage!

[Master] Hell Hound #1's Current Hit Points: adjusted to 6 (-18) - Massively Wounded

[Master] Hell Hound #1: Attack: Bite: (17-(d20+0)) [1d20=5] 12. MISSES Indigo (AC FINAL: 4).

[Master] Hell Hound #1: Attack: Flame: (17-(d20+0)) [1d20=17] 0. HITS Indigo (AC FINAL: 4)!!!

[Master] Hell Hound #1: Damage v SM: Flame: (4) 4 added to: Indigo

[Indigo (Lisa)] Indigo: Breath Weapon save: (d20) [1d20=16] 16 [MODIFIED (+1+1)] - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 13!!

[Master] Indigo's Current Hit Points: adjusted to 47 (-1) - Lightly Wounded

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] i'm chanting

[Indigo (Lisa)] Indigo: Attack: Goblin Sword: ((+14-(d20+1))-3) [1d20=1] 9 [MODIFIED (-3)]. MISSES Hell Hound #1 (AC FINAL: 4).

[Indigo (Lisa)] Indigo: Attack: Short Sword: ((+14-(d20+1))-3) [1d20=6] 4 [MODIFIED (-3)]. HITS Hell Hound #1 (AC FINAL: 4)!!!

[Indigo (Lisa)] Indigo: Attack: Goblin Sword: ((+14-(d20+1))-3) [1d20=5] 5 [MODIFIED (-3)]. MISSES Hell Hound #1 (AC FINAL: 4).

[Master] Hell Hound #1's Current Hit Points: adjusted to -3 (-9) - Dying

Indigo (Lisa) stabs it again to finish it

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Come here, you two. I'll heal you."

[Indigo (Lisa)] Tackling the other one was easier than hitting this one with my sword!

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] ::lets out a sigh of relief::

[Master] a stench of brimstone in the air

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] Seremella Psyndarryn casts a spell against : Orison: I can create minor effects.

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] Seremella Psyndarryn casts a spell against : Orison: I can create minor effects.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Thank you. I just need a bit so I don't look like I've been in a brawl before the party.

[Master] Branwyn's Current Hit Points: adjusted to 29 (1) - Lightly Wounded

[Master] Indigo's Current Hit Points: adjusted to 48 (1) - Unharmed

[Master] Branwyn's Current Hit Points: adjusted to 36 (7) - Unharmed

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] I can come back in?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Yes.

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Phillipe will have to rest today, but tomorrow I can take care of him."

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Joseph can you and Indigo get rid of these things?

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Alright So I would like to examine the corspes

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] oh or not i guess

[Joseph Shortkin (Master)] Hugh can help me

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Go ahead. Take them out back

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And yes let us look at these quickly.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] What does the City Council want?

Branwyn (Lisa) unrolls one of the brown scrolls

Branwyn (Lisa) reads aloud

[Joseph Shortkin (Master)] It is a request for a formal petition to lower the taxes on wool produced inside of Drillian and shipped to Dryads Lair

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Okay Hugh takes one of the corpses slings it over his shoulder and walks to the back courtyard to preform an Autopsy. Is that alright?

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] we need the courtyard clean for tonight

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Is there a quiet dark place?

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] do it out back or in the cellar or something

[Branwyn (Lisa)] sewers

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Done

[Joseph Shortkin (Master)] there is, nods

[Joseph Shortkin (Master)] there is a Lab downstairs we could put them in if you do not mind Branwyn?

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Lets go cut up a dog carcass Mercy

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Ooh a Lab?

Branwyn (Lisa) sighs

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Don't make a mess please

Joseph Shortkin (Master) nods

Hugh D'Ambray (Michael) Hugh grins slyly. "I wont"

[Branwyn (Lisa)] This can wait until Phillipe is better.

Branwyn (Lisa) unrolls the next one

[Master] a request for preferences for dinner at the next Council Meeting

[Branwyn (Lisa)] We didn't eat the last time I went.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] We can discuss that tomorrow as well.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And the black one

Branwyn (Lisa) unrolls

[Master] Notice from the guild of hippogriff feathers being sold on the black market

[Branwyn (Lisa)] That won't be going on much longer

[Branwyn (Lisa)] All right. I'll put the council ones away for now.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Let's clean up.

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] while this is going on I guess we'll go shopping for some black dresses for tonight

[Master] and Atribella can take you to a dress maker right around the corner

[Master] so the two women are off getting dresses down the street

[Master] &&&&&&&&

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Okay dog lets go see what secrets you have

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Mkay. So before anything I need to sketch the entirety of the beast and list all attributes

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] So Joseph is with me and mercy who is apparently a silent not afraid of anything child is with me too just sitting there i guess

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Here play with my dagger hilt

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] I'll have to buy you some proper toys later

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] So after the sketch and listing all attributes I sit and think for a moment.

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Hugh D'Ambray: INU check: (d20) [1d20=20] 20 - ROLL FAILED against 10!!

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Well nothing stikes me odd I guess.

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Any symbols engraved in the flesh?

[Master] nope

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] What exactly does the dog look like?

[Master] it looks like a large dog, it was breathing fire so definately a hell hound

[Master] rust red furn and what used to be red glowing eyes, teeth tonug and other misc markings are all soot black

[Master] two to three foot tall at the shoulder

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] "Where did you come from" I mutter

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Alright. Take mercy back a few steps. I need to wrap a cloth around my head and face and don all my armor

[Master] Joseph picks her up gently and moves back from the body

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Attack: Dagger/Dirk:: is now ARMED.

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Cut Vertically Neck to Groin

[Master] a strong stench of brimstone fills the air

Hugh D'Ambray (Michael) Gags

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Cut Groin Down both legs as verticle as you can

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Chest from both front legs vertical

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Trying to be careful

[Master] so you can do some cutting and exploring

[Master] but you will make mistakes, etc.

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] So go slow

[Master] but you do gather the basic information about hell hounds, how they work, like a normal dog

[Master] you cannot figure out how they breathe fire

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Is my plain dagger reacting at all to the fluids?

[Master] nope

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] No acidic blood or anything?

[Master] nope

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Whew that's a relief

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Force ribcage open wide

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Hugh D'Ambray: STR check: (d20) [1d20=18] 18 - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 18!!

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Wipe hands and do anouther round of note taking and sketching

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Mkay so after that very slowly and carefully without touching skin to fang I need to remove the teeth and claws

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Hugh D'Ambray: DEX check: (d20) [1d20=10] 10 - ROLL SUCCEEDED against 14!!

[Master] ok so you can do that without huring your self

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] I bag them and label them.

[Master] but it is not clean, you need hunting to get the best of them cleanly

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Okay fine. I just have to be as careful as I can

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Okay then I need to skin the animal as best as I can but before that I bottle three of my glass vials with blood

[Master] you are taking notes and doing the best you can

[Master] but without the actual skill is very hard

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Okay. Then I just need to go slow

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] So I have claws, teeth, vials of blood, Hellhound pelt, all in various stages of who knows, and now a heart that I seal in a glass jar. All of these need to be quarantined in Bran's lab under observation for a few days. I hope she will allow me to do so.

[Master] Joseph helps you put it all in the lab

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] I wrap up the usable parts in an oilskin blanket and throw the rest into the sewage

[Master] then he kicks the remains of the carcass into the sewer

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] I wash all the parts in the lab and now I probably need to get ready for a party is my guess. It takes awhile to do all that I'm guessing?

[Master] at least a couple of hours

Hugh D'Ambray (Michael) Hugh looks at Mercy. "All in a day's work kid" We have some experimenting to do in our future

[Master] a couple of hours later the elves come back with new basic dresses

[Master] Hugh comes up from the basement

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] I cleaned up first!

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Bob, I since the royal messengers dagger I am assuming at least looks nice, I would like to wear it with my suit. That way it doesn't look too out of place and I'll have an easy weapon. Mercy and I will generally be staying out of the mainstream attention. Any objections or forever hold your peace.

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] I'll just walk around shamlessley eavesdropping on the latest gossip then i guess.

[Master] ==== Gaming session started: Sat Sep 19 18:55:20 EDT 2015 ====

[Penelope (Master)] Excuse me, looking at Hugh, Can you tell me where Indigo is?

[Michael] Certainly. He is right there. (Points at Indigo)

[Penelope (Master)] Thank you

[Michael] Your are most welcome.

[Penelope (Master)] There you are

[Penelope (Master)] leans down to give a kiss on the top of his head

[Penelope (Master)] I missed you

Indigo (Lisa) blushes

[Penelope (Master)] when did you get back? I got the invitation but was not sure you would be here

[Penelope (Master)] no one seems to have heard from you

[Penelope (Master)] where have you been?

[Indigo (Lisa)] Ummm ... me too. I just got back last night.

[Indigo (Lisa)] We were in Domville to fight a dragon but it turned out to be a bunch of gnomes.

[Penelope (Master)] gnomes dressed up like a dragon? who would believe that!

[Indigo (Lisa)] Then there wasn't enough room on the airship so we had to walk back part of the way and sail back and then walk again.

Indigo (Lisa) laughs

[Indigo (Lisa)] No, it was a mage gnome that made a dragon illusion so it looked real

[Indigo (Lisa)] But when I hit it nothing happened.

[Indigo (Lisa)] I didn't know gnomes could even be mages.

[Penelope (Master)] I didn't either

[Indigo (Lisa)] I thought they just fixed stuff.

[Penelope (Master)] I thought they were all sneaky and hiding things

[Indigo (Lisa)] I knew a gnome who was a priest but he was a priest of mining and things gnomes do.

[Indigo (Lisa)] But ...

Indigo (Lisa) runs over and grabs a flower off a table and brings it back

[Indigo (Lisa)] Here, for you!

[Penelope (Master)] beams, thank you!

[Indigo (Lisa)] Will you stay close to me tonight? I would hope you would anyway, but there might be danger.

[Indigo (Lisa)] I don't want you to get hurt just in case.

Indigo (Lisa) whispers "things might come and attack Branwyn"

[Penelope (Master)] I would be glad to stay close to you

[Penelope (Master)] wraps her fingers in Indigo's hair

Indigo (Lisa) smiles and blushes again

[Indigo (Lisa)] This will be a fun party as long as no more hell hounds show up

Indigo (Lisa) sighs happily


[Uncle Tranto (Master)] Ambassador

[Uncle Tranto (Master)] you did get our request I trust?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Uncle Tranto, It is good to see you looking so fit this evening.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] How are you doing?

[Uncle Tranto (Master)] Thank you

[Uncle Tranto (Master)] very nice to see the old Palace turned out so nicely

[Uncle Tranto (Master)] you have done good things here

[Uncle Tranto (Master)] now

[Uncle Tranto (Master)] about that taxaxtion

[Uncle Tranto (Master)] you got the message right?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Thank you. Yes, I did receive the scroll.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I shall be looking into it I assure you.

[Uncle Tranto (Master)] yes yes but did you get the message?

[Uncle Tranto (Master)] hmmm

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Yes taxes on wool always seem high in winter but by spring no one will notice them, will they?

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles

[Uncle Tranto (Master)] exactly

[Uncle Tranto (Master)] so leave them where they are

[Uncle Tranto (Master)] good we understand each other

[Branwyn (Lisa)] We most certainly do.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] May I fetch you anything? A drink perhaps?

[Uncle Tranto (Master)] I woudl suggest giving Dame Colonto several

Branwyn (Lisa) laughs "Is she not happy this evening?"


[Lord Brightbint (Master)] towards Ellanara, You are new in town are you not?

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Yes I am."

[Lord Brightbint (Master)] Are you staying here with the Ambassador?

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] ::nods::

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "I will be studying under her."

[Lord Brightbint (Master)] why that is very prestigious

[Lord Brightbint (Master)] you must be looking forward to that

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] ::nods:: "I am looking forward to seeing the library here."

[Lord Brightbint (Master)] so I take it you are going to be here for an extended period of time, what was your name again?

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] ::raises an eyebrow:: "My name is Ellenara Psyndarryn. Is it not custom here to introduce oneself first?"

[Lord Brightbint (Master)] but I did

[Lord Brightbint (Master)] I introduced myself immediately to the second most beautiful woman in the room

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Second? That is an interesting tactic. Who pray tell is the most?"

[Lord Brightbint (Master)] Oh not to disparage of course, but you must admit that the cloak of majesty around the Ambassador is quite alluring

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Oh, so you are attracted to powerful women?"

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] as she's talking to the guy who snubbed her, looks for branwyn

[Lord Brightbint (Master)] I would of course desire the Ambassador

[Lord Brightbint (Master)] but she is meant for another

[Lord Brightbint (Master)] nods

[Lord Brightbint (Master)] so I am here

[Lord Brightbint (Master)] because you are the most desirable woman here that I have a chance with

[Lord Brightbint (Master)] he says with a bow

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Have you met with the Ambassador much? Told her how you feel?"

[Lord Brightbint (Master)] I do not need to tell her anything

[Lord Brightbint (Master)] look who she is with

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "With my people a poem or song written in her honor would go a long way."

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Perhaps you could sculpt a flowering bush for her?"

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] ::looks:: "Who is that? I have not had time to familiarize myself with everyone here yet."


Random bits of conversation one hears as ones crosses the Courtyard

[Midguard the Magnificent #1 (Master)] so tell me something of your mage school mr ambassador

[Sam (Master)] Yes Admiral I am certain that will come up at a meeting

[Sam (Master)] No your grace I do not think that my father is ignoring the common workers

[Sam (Master)] he is just concerned with things

[Illustrious Madam Zimm #1 (Master)] we simply need to work out a fair fee for all guilds to pay, it is not fair that we are taxed at such a rate

[Illustrious Madam Zimm #1 (Master)] we hardly do anything dangerous

[Master] Jilly and Atribella along with two serving girls start to circulate with snacks


Branwyn (Lisa) crosses the room to Lord Branadarus

[Ambassador Belinor (Master)] I do say Branwyn, are you certain about having these people here?

Ambassador Belinor (Master) looking over at the door

Branwyn (Lisa) looks over "Oh most certain. It shall be fine. I am arbitrating a small case later and then back to the festivities.

watchman #3 (Master) scowls at the attention

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Please come into the couryard and do not worry.

Branwyn (Lisa) curtsies to Lord Branadarus "Good evening! Did you bring your wife?"

Lord Branadarus (Master) bows

[Lord Branadarus (Master)] Sadly no

[Lord Branadarus (Master)] he says with a chuckle

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You left her at home? How unchivalrous of you.

[Lord Branadarus (Master)] This is a party for unrequited love, and I assure you hers is very well requited

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles "So who finally said yes?"

[Lord Branadarus (Master)] Oh several have said yes

[Lord Branadarus (Master)] That of course is the problem

[Lord Branadarus (Master)] you always want the one who gets away

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Yes, yes, yes, but you said your wife was home so I assumed you finally accepted one.

[Lord Branadarus (Master)] why I do not believe you understood me, he says with a wolfish smile

[Lord Branadarus (Master)] I said that yes she was home

[Lord Branadarus (Master)] and yes her love was requited

Lord Branadarus (Master) smiles at Branwyn

[Lord Branadarus (Master)] Do you not think I am requiting your love?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] So you shall keep this wife a mystery I suppose. Let me know when you find her.

Lord Branadarus (Master) touches Branwyn's arm

[Lord Branadarus (Master)] perhaps it would be good to show you who

Branwyn (Lisa) looks up

[Lord Branadarus (Master)] We could go somewhere

[Lord Branadarus (Master)] and I can show you how requited you are

Branwyn (Lisa) eyes widen

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It's not a very good night for this. There are things. People.

[Lord Branadarus (Master)] I am of course willing to wait till midnight

[Lord Branadarus (Master)] perhaps you can show me where you want me to wait for you

[Lord Branadarus (Master)] and I will ensure that when the time comes you are very happy

[Branwyn (Lisa)] When I shall be poisoned?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I have little choice this evening.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Death to lost love.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I must go. This is difficult. I have guests.

Branwyn (Lisa) hurries off

Branwyn (Lisa) mumbles "stop it. stop it."


[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Oh look, Lord Brightbint. She is leaving her company." ::waves Branwyn over::

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Mistress Ambassador!"

Branwyn (Lisa) plasters a smile on her face and moves over

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] ::smiles discreetly to Lord Brightbint::

[Lord Brightbint (Master)] smiles at Branwyn

[Lord Brightbint (Master)] hello

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] ::whispers:: "A poem, my lord."

Branwyn (Lisa) curtsies "Good evening Lord Brightbint, Good to see you again."

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Thank you for coming.

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Mistress Ambassador, the Lord Brightbint and I were just talking about you."

[Lord Brightbint (Master)] The skies darken when you are not there,

[Lord Brightbint (Master)] bows

[Lord Brightbint (Master)] How are you feeling this evening?

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "He was telling me how beautiful I am, but how I pale in comparison to you."

Branwyn (Lisa) looks surprised "That is most silly. Lord Brightbint, you must correct Lady Ellenara."

[Lord Brightbint (Master)] My wife was very insistent that I not spend any time alone with the Ambassador

Lord Brightbint (Master) gestures to Lord Branadarus

[Lord Brightbint (Master)] you see how she has bewitched him

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Well, I am here."

Lord Brightbint (Master) warm smile looking at Ellenara, yes but you are new

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] pft. his wife. bad boy.

[Lord Brightbint (Master)] my wife does not know of you

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Perhaps then we should have a meal together sometime. Are there any nice parks in this city? I do so enjoy a lunch outside after a morning of study."

[Lord Brightbint (Master)] the best open space I have found is the cemetery

Branwyn (Lisa) looks back and forth between the two

[Lord Brightbint (Master)] just to the west of the diplomatic quarter

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I am glad to see you are on better terms.

[Lord Brightbint (Master)] there is space

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] ::opens her mouth and shuts it:: "Oh. um, I see."

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Mistress, would you suggest this place?"

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Branwyn moved 34'09".

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Oh dear, you missed your chance, my Lord."

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Though ti sounds like your wife wouldn't approve? Don't worry, I will keep our secret."

[Master] Lord Remorgas moved 12'01".

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] My Ambassador, or is it Miss?

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] I am sorry I am terribly confused as to who is who in your group

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] looking at Ellenara

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] I am Lord Remorgas of the City Council

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] how are you this evening

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Oh, I am merely a Miss. This," ::gestures to the elven ambassador:: "is the ambassador."

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "I am actually here to study under the Ambassador Branwyn."

[Lord Remorgas (Master)] very well

Lord Remorgas (Master) ignores Ellenara and starts to talk with the Ambassador

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] ::smiles politely and nods, then backs out of the conversation::

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] ::to Brightbint:: "Oh dear. I hope I don't get into trouble tonight."

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "At least I know now that you are a safe person in this mess. So tell me about your wife before I meet her."

Lord Brightbint (Master)] Oh I hope that you never do meet her

[Lord Brightbint (Master)] that would be most inconvenient

[Ellenara Psyndarryn (Mike)] "But I thought we were going to have an afternoon picnic. Is she that unpleasant of a woman?"

[Lord Brightbint (Master)] oh I think that it would be a much more fun time without her


[Elf #4 (Master)] so you are new around here, you were not at dinner the other night

[Elf #4 (Master)] to Hugh, are you going to be here for a while?

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] Hugh! I was looking for you. I wanted to ask you about that baby i saw you with earlier.

Kenna Westfoot (Spring) seeing Elf

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] Hello there

[Elf #4 (Master)] Hello there little one

Kenna Westfoot (Spring) smiles

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] how is the air up there?

[Elf #4 (Master)] I am enjoying it very much thank you

[Elf #4 (Master)] winks

Kenna Westfoot (Spring) curtsies

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] Hugh, are you able to speak now, or would later be better?

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] I can speak but I'm so confused I'm about ready to give up

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] it is a boisterous party, truly

[Elf #4 (Master)] this is very calm it seems

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] i have to ignore pretty much everyone but you and our acquaintance here (Elf #4)

[Elf #4 (Master)] there is no dancing no singing

[Elf #4 (Master)] I am surprised this is a party

Kenna Westfoot (Spring) huge sigh

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] i sympathize completely. i am of the faith but megrim is my least favorite feast

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] i am kenna westfoot, and this is my friend hugh, unless you have made acquaintance already

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] ::walks up to elf number 4 and kenna and hugh:: "Did I hear mention of singing and dancing?"

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] may i have your name?

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] The ambassador has strange ways. I mostly do my best to help in anyway I can. Truly I believe this is more an event for the city elite to speak and be seen then actually have fun. Do you have any suggestions to make it more entertaining for all of us?

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "I love to dance."

[Lord Branadarus (Master)] I am Lord Theoglen,

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] ooh! pardon me, i must step away

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] call of nature

Kenna Westfoot (Spring) smile

Lord Theoglen (Master) looks over at Seremella

[Lord Theoglen (Master)] I am not certain who the city elite are

[Lord Theoglen (Master)] I personally put up with this mass of people only because my Lord has required it of me

[Lord Theoglen (Master)] I would be at home in the forest tonight if I could

Hugh D'Ambray (Michael) Smiles warmly "you and me both are only here because it is for our patrons" I would rather be working or playing with my girl

[Lord Theoglen (Master)] what work to you do?

[Lord Theoglen (Master)] I thought it would be be unseemly for a lord such at your self to do work

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Oh Theo, just think of this as a learning experience. Yeah, it's pretty dull for a party, but it's interesting to see how humans do things."

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "You'll be home soon enough."

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] I am no lord. I am part of the Ambassadors Mercenary Company. Mostly though I concern myself with research and development.

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] I do anything and everything she requires of me

[Lord Theoglen (Master)] what sort of research do you do?

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Depends on the day. Currently I am researching demonic curses and traps. I'm even examining a hellhound at the moment.

[Lord Theoglen (Master)] you have a hell hound?

[Lord Theoglen (Master)] what sort of restraints are you using, perhaps I could see?

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] You are welcome to see what's left of it. As soon as it appeared at breakfast the ambassadors company made short work of it in there nightmare. It was quite a scene. I requested it be kept alive, but I'm afraid they are more prudent then I.

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] So how about yourself? What do you concern yourself with?

[Lord Theoglen (Master)] My primary concern are oak clusters

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] The art of growing living things?

[Lord Theoglen (Master)] I spend my time going through the forest ensuring that the oaks are given just the right amount of space

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] ::sighs:: "Okay, I guess I'll go talk with someone else."

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "I'm not listening to research."

[Lord Theoglen (Master)] so that they can grow strong and tall while being near each other to form a lattice work

[Lord Theoglen (Master)] they can be turned into the most marvelous forms

[Lord Theoglen (Master)] if you simply space out the acorns just right

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] Seremella Psyndarryn moved 48'08".

[Lord Theoglen (Master)] you can make sure that you will get a perfect hexagonal dance floor in only 200 years

[Lord Theoglen (Master)] but the more exciting part is where you spend time with the various species, if you take two closely related types of oak

[Lord Theoglen (Master)] did you know you can blend their pollen and create a third type?

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] I did not know that. How does it work? Creating something entirely different then both species altogether?

[Lord Theoglen (Master)] YES!

[Lord Theoglen (Master)] you see

[Lord Theoglen (Master)] creating a new thing out of two different ones

[Lord Theoglen (Master)] that PROVES that the trees are alive as much as any other living thing

[Lord Theoglen (Master)] take two horses

[Lord Theoglen (Master)] you can breed them

[Lord Theoglen (Master)] so I work those lines with the oaks

[Lord Theoglen (Master)] I am hoping that the group coming from the far west is brining a sample for me

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Can this be applied to other trees or are oaks better?

[Lord Theoglen (Master)] they have a dark oak there that has quite a grain when opened up to sunlight

[Lord Theoglen (Master)] OH yes

[Lord Theoglen (Master)] Oaks are far better than any other tree

[Lord Theoglen (Master)] the willow of course has its uses

[Lord Theoglen (Master)] and the ash does make a fine bow

[Lord Theoglen (Master)] but the Oak is where you should really spend your time looking and exploring if you want a good reward

[Lord Theoglen (Master)] and it all happens so quickly, a couple of centuries and you have an entire new grove

[Hugh D'Ambray (Michael)] Simply stronger? More graceful? Sturdier perhaps?

[Lord Theoglen (Master)] the dark oak which I have not had the chance to see

[Lord Theoglen (Master)] is supposed to have a beautiful grain when exposed to sunlight

[Lord Theoglen (Master)] but the forests are so thick and dark that it rarely happens in the western lands


[Master] Daisy moved 25'08".

[Daisy (Master)] Indigo?

[Indigo (Lisa)] Yes?

[Daisy (Master)] are you going to be the judge tonight?

Indigo (Lisa) looks shocked "Are you allowed to be out?"

[Daisy (Master)] I was told that you are there

[Daisy (Master)] what do you mean out?

[Indigo (Lisa)] I thought the gypsies weren't allowed to be here before the trial and the guards were watching.

[Indigo (Lisa)] I don't want you to get in trouble.

[Daisy (Master)] they are right there with my daughter

[Daisy (Master)] you will not let them burn our wagons will you?

[Daisy (Master)] you will save us please?

[Indigo (Lisa)] No one is going to burn your wagons. Branwyn is going to decide.

[Indigo (Lisa)] But if your daughter would drop her claim there would be nothing to decide and you could all be on your way couldn't you?

[Daisy (Master)] how can she drop her case... when she,... they...


Sam (Master) nods, Ambassador, lovely evening

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Lord hightower, Mr. Silver, it is good of you to come.

Branwyn (Lisa) curtsies

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] ::approaches Sam:: "Hello my Lord, you seem to be the center of attention here. My name is Seremella Psyndarryn, may I ask your name?"

[Mr. Silver (Master)] This is Lord Sam, the son of the Prince of Dryads Lair

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Oh my." ::curtsies:: "An honor to meet a Prince of men."

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Since I have found myself in such knowledgeable company, may I ask if anyone has heard of Gort?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Is it in Terraguard?

[Sam (Master)] Gort is a barony just south of Terraguard Principality, I believe there is a large temple to Apollo there? one of the Greek Gods

Branwyn (Lisa) sighs "Greek, naturally"

Sam (Master) glances over at the others, have any of you been East to there?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Thank you Lord Hightower.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] No. Someone mentioned the name last night and I got curious.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] One of my more dangerous qualities.

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Mr. Silver, thank you so much for coming. I do hope we shall not disappoint.

[Mr. Silver (Master)] Ambassador Branwyn I find it hard to believe that anything you do would disappoint me

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Thank you. There should be some excitement later.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You have met my new friend Seremella? An esteemed elven priestess.

[Mr. Silver (Master)] verily?

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] ::curtsies to Mr. Silver::

[Mr. Silver (Master)] a friend of the Ambassador would be welcome throughout the city

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Mr. Silver was one of the first acquaintances we made after we arrived in Dryads Lair.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And we have considered ourselves most fortunate in that regard

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "A pleasure, sir. I do hope that I will be a positive member to the Ambassador's group."

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "So what do you do in the city? My sister has been monopolized by one of you, but the only people I've met so far here are the members of the household."

[Mr. Silver (Master)] I have often thought that the Ambassador does not suffer fools in the least, so if you are not a positive member then you will be negated

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You make me sound a tyrant!

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Well, I've only just turned 110 this spring, but I do not think myself a fool. But then, I suppose fools never do." ::smiles::

[Mr. Silver (Master)] Oh I would not say a tyrant but a firm task master who knows the value of a strong support staff

[Mr. Silver (Master)] Oh I am not from the City, I am only here at the Ambassador's invitation, I live outside of the city

[Mr. Silver (Master)] I should speak with Sir Indigo also while I am here

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "I see. Where from? We approached the city from the Wildlands to the north. Do you live along that route?"

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I shall get him for you.

[Mr. Silver (Master)] Have a wonderful evening Miss Seremella

[Seremella Psyndarryn (Mike)] "Of course, Mr. Silver." ::curtseys and turns her attention back to Prince Sam the Dashing and what he is talking about::

Mr. Silver (Master) moves over to the other side of the room with Indigo

[Sam (Master)] Yes I agree that the Navy is very important

[Sam (Master)] but I am not prepared to bring up a request for addtional ships


[Branwyn (Lisa)] Good evening Midguard. It is nice to see you.

[Midguard the Magnificent #1 (Master)] Branwyn the Mysterious

[Midguard the Magnificent #1 (Master)] How are you this wonderful evening,

[Midguard the Magnificent #1 (Master)] it was very good of you to invite those of us from the guild

[Midguard the Magnificent #1 (Master)] I do hope that your new apprentices are working out well?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Useless and Johan did very well today.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Johan rescued Jilly and Useless cast a magic missile at a hellhound this morning.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] He kept his head about him and just cast that right off.

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles "We may need to come up with another name for him soon"

[Midguard the Magnificent #1 (Master)] a hell hound you say?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Oh yes we had two of them. Right in the salon. Just popped out of a scroll.

[Midguard the Magnificent #1 (Master)] a scroll from whom?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] A demon most likely. The scroll destroyed itself when the dogs blew out of it.

[Midguard the Magnificent #1 (Master)] you have demons sending you scrolls?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I opened the wrong book at the Royal Library the other day and I've been marked for a hunt it seems.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] So I suppose I shall have demons coming out of the woodwork for a while.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Which got me thinking. Can I see if a mage I know is still alive?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] He would be incredibly useful in this kind of situations.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] But I haven't seen him in years.

[Midguard the Magnificent #1 (Master)] I can always check to see if he is on the rolls with the royal mages

[Midguard the Magnificent #1 (Master)] if you think he would be qualified

[Midguard the Magnificent #1 (Master)] other than that I think you would want to visit someone to do some divination for you

[Midguard the Magnificent #1 (Master)] the guild would be glad to I am sure

[Branwyn (Lisa)] He is very high qualified, but not exactly the stay at home court mage sort of guy if you know what I mean.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You don't know how to get this demon mark off me do you?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] This could make doing my job quite difficult.

[Midguard the Magnificent #1 (Master)] I would need to look into that, demons are not a particualr speciality of mine

[Branwyn (Lisa)] If it were just me, I wouldn't mind so much. But I have a whole household to think about and I don't want them to suffer simply because I can't walk away from an interesting looking book.


[Sheriff (Master)] Ambassador Marquessa Branwyn the Mysterous, from the kingdom of Drillian

[Sheriff (Master)] you have been called to judge this dispute

[Sheriff (Master)] as the parties involved are not citizens they have no rights

[Sheriff (Master)] Lord Sam Hightower has agreed that you will be the final arbiter in this matter

Branwyn (Lisa) nods "And after a decision is reached or one of the ladies has dropped their claim, all are free to go. Correct?

[Sheriff (Master)] If both parties agree to your ruling then yes

[Sheriff (Master)] they are free to go

[Sheriff (Master)] if one does not

[Sheriff (Master)] then your ruling stands

[Sheriff (Master)] and the distenter shall be banished along with their family

[Sheriff (Master)] the charges are as follows

[Sheriff (Master)] This young man was found wandering the lanes

[Sheriff (Master)] with two young women fighting and causing a strident commotion

[Sheriff (Master)] they interupted a church service

[Sheriff (Master)] and an entire flock of geese were let loose from their pens

[Sheriff (Master)] not to mention other disturbing activities attributed to these three

[Sheriff (Master)] it was determined in the course of my investigation that the two young ladies are inistent that they both have a claim on this young man

[Sheriff (Master)] and neither would concede

[Sheriff (Master)] nor would they cease their activities

[Sheriff (Master)] so I arrested them all three

[Sheriff (Master)] and brought them here to you

[Sheriff (Master)] how would you like to conduct your hearing Ambassador

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Let us hear one girl and then the other to start

[Branwyn (Lisa)] What is your claim?

[Mike] "I love . I know he loves me, too. He told me so. I don't care about being a wisewoman for the tribe. I just want to get married to the man I love and have a wagon and children with him."

[Mike] "We have shared so many special moments on the plains and in the forests. We know each other completely. I do not want my family's caravan burned, but I will not give up my love to some other hag who comes along and wants to steal him from me because she says she is a wisewoman. If she wants to be a wisewoman, then why is she looking for a man? They cannot be marreid!"

[Mike] "He is mine and I am his. She should go back to her caravan and be their wisewoman."

[Mike] ::gives the stink eye at that hussy skank::

Branwyn (Lisa) turns to the other girl

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And your claim?

[brad-41889] you haridan he doesnt love you he feels sorry for you with your face that would scare a troll. She knows nothing of the love he and I have known, we were meantto be together and to have not only that witch try to not only turn him but my own family away from me is the true tragedy here

[brad-41889] we have spoken of the love we share many times and now she comes along and tries to say that he loves her when all she is trying to do is cause trouble. It's all she has ever done

Branwyn (Lisa) looks at the man "And what do you say to all this?"

[Gypsy Male #1 (Master)] Branwyn the Beautiful

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Is one of them speaking falsely or have you been professing your love to both of them?

Gypsy Male #1 (Master) bows deeply

[Gypsy Male #1 (Master)] I am a simple man

[Rodrigo (Master)] My name is Rodgrigo

[Rodrigo (Master)] I love Buttercup, she is a beauty

[Rodrigo (Master)] I love Dewdrop, she tastes like the mornign blush

[Rodrigo (Master)] I would do what I can to please both of them

[Rodrigo (Master)] I cannot force my heart to choose

[Rodrigo (Master)] It is large enough for two

Indigo (Lisa) mumbles "see! it's all his fault"

[Rodrigo (Master)] Branwyn, surely you understand

[Rodrigo (Master)] how you cannot be pinned down

[Rodrigo (Master)] you need to enjoy life

[Branwyn (Lisa)] This is all you have to say for yourself knowing what this has caused?

[Rodrigo (Master)] I have only been true to my heart

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I don't think your heart has much to do with it.

[Rodrigo (Master)] How could I choose Buttercup knowing it will cause my beautifal dewdrop tears?

[Rodrigo (Master)] How could I live with Dewdrop alone when Buttercup woudl wilt

[Rodrigo (Master)] They are both wonderful strong women, I could never choose between them

[Branwyn (Lisa)] But now you have hurt them both and could have had your caravan burned.

Rodrigo (Master) raises a hand, I am truly at a loss for that

[Rodrigo (Master)] but actually not my families caravan, one of these two incredibly wonderful ladies

Branwyn (Lisa) looks between the girls "Now that you have heard this man speak of using you both, does one of you wish to drop her claim on this man?

[Rodrigo (Master)] it would be such a horrible thing to see happen

[Rodrigo (Master)] it would rend my heart in two

[brad-41889] let that troll faced harridan drop her claim

[Mike] "I love him, and he loves me. She has cast a spell on him."

[brad-41889] "you would know about spells since that's the only way you can get a man to even look at you"

Branwyn (Lisa) sighs

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I do not understand wanting one that cares so little for you.

[Mike] "He does care about me.

[Rodrigo (Master)] I do

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Not enough to save her family's caravan.

[brad-41889] "he loves me he has told me so many times"

[Rodrigo (Master)] I have I do

[Branwyn (Lisa)] But not enough to save her family either.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You want what you want and the rest of the tribe be damned is it?

[Rodrigo (Master)] I simply want to love them both

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And that clearly is not working for anyone but yourself.

[Rodrigo (Master)] we all were happy until this Sheriff insisted we follow HIS rules

[Sheriff (Master)] Law and Order must be maintained, the peace of the Countryside is my jurisdiction

Branwyn (Lisa) looks at the girls "You were happy fighting across the city, screaming and yelling and scaring animals?

[Mike] "He will see that she is nothing."

[brad-41889] "the only nothing is between your ears if you think he would want to keep you after i show him true love"

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I think we should simply remove the problem and neither of you shall get your claim.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Rodrigo seems to be the largest problem I see here.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] If one of your stories had been compelling.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] If either of you spoke from a place of true love rather than competition and spite I might have considered you.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I do not think either of your families should have to pay the price for your foolishness.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I have always admired gypsy loyalty and sense of protection.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] All I see here is selfishness

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Your families deserve better.

Daisy (Master) nodding with Branwyn

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Banish the man

[Rodrigo (Master)] OH

[Rodrigo (Master)] I cannot live without

[Rodrigo (Master)] How could I go on?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Then you shall not live long will you?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Somehow I think you will find a way.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I am sorry ladies. I hope that one day you shall find true happiness and find healing with your families.

[Mike] "Look at what you have done! My beautiful Rodrigo is being sent away."

[brad-41889] "NOOO You cant banish him. Let the harridan have him but do not banish him. I, I'll take the banishment"

brad-41889 looks at her family sadly

[Mike] "Oh thank you! Now we can be happy together! Do you hear that, beloved?"

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And Rodrigo you would rather have one than none?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You would allow this woman to become estranged from her family for your happiness?

[Rodrigo (Master)] No I could never choose

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Then you must walk alone.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] My ruling stands.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Mothers take your daughters home.

[Rodrigo (Master)] My sweet dewdrop, I will never forget you

[Mike] "Noooo..."

[Rodrigo (Master)] BUttercup, my dear, what shall I do without you

Branwyn (Lisa) hands slightly shaking

[Mike] "We could have been happy."

[Mike] "We could have marreid..."

[Mike] "Had our wagon and children."

[Sheriff (Master)] I remand him to your care Ambassador Branwyn

[brad-41889] "Im sure you will find another to make you happy"

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Thank you Sheriff. I hope you are satisfied.

[Sheriff (Master)] I want peace and law and order

Branwyn (Lisa) whispers to Indigo "tell Joseph to get a message to Thyme and Pilist that it is done please."

Indigo (Lisa) runs off to relay the message

[Branwyn (Lisa)] So do I.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Rodrigo perhaps you should wait in the front meeting room for a bit and we shall talk later.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Sheriff, do you mind escorting him? One of our guards at the front can take it from there.

Branwyn (Lisa) shakes herself and claps her hands "Well that was exciting. And quite fitting for the feast. I think more wine is in order. It is not long before miidnight."

[Sam (Master)] Very well handled Branwyn

Branwyn (Lisa) whispers "I did not like that at all"

[Sam (Master)] being the ruler is difficult

[Sam (Master)] my father has had me sit in and weigh evidence before

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Your opinion means much to me. Thank you for saying that.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Lord Hightower, I hear that your father is giving a ball soon. Do you have your dancing partner lined up?

[Sam (Master)] Yes I do

[Sam (Master)] The King of Golinar has three daughters,

[Sam (Master)] I will be spending time with each of them

[Branwyn (Lisa)] My, my. Do I need to banish you too, Rodrigo?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I do not think I can do what I had planned.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] So I suppose I should find a dancing partner if I wish to go to this ball of yours.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] If you will excuse me.

[Sam (Master)] It is not my ball,

[Sam (Master)] of course

Sam (Master) bows his head

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles


[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] oh hello hugh.

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] i am sorry about earlier, i have not been well this evening

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] I have only just come back from my quarters. the nausea and headache have mostly passed

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] hello jondar

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] excuse, me, ambassador

Kenna Westfoot (Spring) weak smile

[Jondar (brad-41889)] Good evening its been an interesting night thus far

Kenna Westfoot (Spring) curtsies

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] has it? I am afraid I missed most of it

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] something I ate went amiss

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] it seems less tense now. I take it a solution has been reached

[Jondar (brad-41889)] yes it has, Lady Branwyn has banished the young man who the cause of all the problems

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] that seems just

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] although I wonder if one of the ladies will follow him into exile


[Branwyn (Lisa)] Lord Branadarus, did you think me terribly unjust this evening?

[Lord Branadarus (Master)] Do you mean with your ruling in thehearing?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Yes

[Lord Branadarus (Master)] I think you had a very difficult choice

[Lord Branadarus (Master)] young lives to straighten out

[Lord Branadarus (Master)] I might have done things slightly differently

[Lord Branadarus (Master)] but your solution seems to be fair

[Lord Branadarus (Master)] perhaps we can go discuss this more in private?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I do have to lead a toast in a few minutes.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I just wanted to know ... your thoughts on the matter.

[Lord Branadarus (Master)] I would have forced the young man to marry one of the girls tonight

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I think most would have.

[Lord Branadarus (Master)] so you solved it in your own way

[Lord Branadarus (Master)] which is why you are so appealing

Branwyn (Lisa) laughs "But not terrible?"

[Master] Joseph Shortkin, Wisewoman Thyme and Pilist moved 12'00".

[Joseph Shortkin (Master)] Ambassador

[Joseph Shortkin (Master)] late arriving guests

Branwyn (Lisa) before she can lose her nerve, she grabs Branadarus by the sleeve "Do you dance by any chance?"

[Lord Branadarus (Master)] Yes I do

[Lord Branadarus (Master)] there is no music but we could improvise

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Would your future wife mind terribly if you came to the Prince's ball with me?

[Lord Branadarus (Master)] I think you, She would be very happy

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I can't go without one. Perhaps she won't mind too much.

[Lord Branadarus (Master)] I would be glad to have you go with me

Branwyn (Lisa) lets go of her grasp on his sleeve "well good then. thank you."

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I see Ilero finally. After the toast maybe?

Branwyn (Lisa) runs off


[Branwyn (Lisa)] There you two are! You missed most of the party.

[Ilero]] (TMO) shrugs apologetically.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I wanted to tell you that you should speak with Jondar. He is renting a house from your friend with the magic box Korpin.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You can finally get rid of that thing.

[Ilero]] (TMO) half-smiles. "Good. Hye do t'at."

[Branwyn (Lisa)] We haven't had the best of luck opening things today so anything that could explode or kill us would be nice to be returned to the proper persons.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Jondar finally admitted he's not the real ambassador and was originally out to steal from people. So it is all out in the open.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] And when he said he was renting from Korpin it all seemed to make sense. So you should go talk to him I suppose.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] He wants to help us.

Branwyn (Lisa) points towards Kenna

[Ilero]] (TMO) frowns and nods. "Hokay. Hye will talk wit' him." He pauses, "You want hye watch him?"

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I told Indigo and Kenna to watch him since you weren't here but they don't have your skills in that sort of thing.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I think they would appreciate your help.

[Ilero]] (TMO) nods. "Sorry. Was busy, lost time."

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I really don't want to hear any of our guests have misplaced anything, but he did seem quite sincere to prove himself.

Ilero (TMO)] Anyt'ing missing get returned.

[Ilero]] (TMO) looks over toward Kenna. "No Jondar. Mebbe he see me first?"

[Branwyn (Lisa)] He was just there... Funny.

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] why hello there!

Ilero (TMO)] Slippery fella. Hye find him.

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] i thought he went to the privy

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] he looked uncomfortable, so i assumed

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] how have you been?

[Ilero]] (TMO) shrugs. "Hokay."

Shurkural (TMO)] Havin' fun, Miss Kenna?

[Pilist (Master)] Hello Ambassador

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Marisu, what I had planned? I can't do it.

Branwyn (Lisa) stiffens

Branwyn (Lisa) turns around slowly

[Pilist (Master)] warm smile

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Hello

[Pilist (Master)] I hear that you did very well

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You must hate me for doing this to your kin

Pilist (Master) looks at her then LAUGHS

[Pilist (Master)] You are not caging him up in the city are you?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] No

[Pilist (Master)] and no one loses a wagon,

[Branwyn (Lisa)] But I banished him

[Pilist (Master)] no burning no cutting?

[Pilist (Master)] phhhh

[Pilist (Master)] so you send him out into the world

[Pilist (Master)] and he has to learn a lesson

[Branwyn (Lisa)] No. I wanted to protect the girls and their families.

[Pilist (Master)] about how fragile a heart is

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Thank you for the dress.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I have not opened it. The note frightened me.

[Pilist (Master)] you accomplished a fair thing for everyone involved much fairer than anyone else would

Pilist (Master) bows,

[Pilist (Master)] you are welcome

[Pilist (Master)] you do need to be cautious of it

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I did not wish to ruin it

[Pilist (Master)] the person I got it from said that it would dissolve in sunlight

[Pilist (Master)] so I thought, I know the perfect body to wear this

[Pilist (Master)] and the right place

[Ilero]] (TMO) closes his eyes briefly and stifles a head shake.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Since when do you use a spider as a sigil?

Branwyn (Lisa) blushes

[Pilist (Master)] I do not, that is who I got it from

[Shurkural]] (TMO) grins.

[Pilist (Master)] would you happen to have a place I could clean up ?

[Pilist (Master)] I would ask Indigo but I would like more than my knees to be clean,

[Pilist (Master)] wink

Marisu (TMO)] Come, ambassador. I'll show you to a room where you can freshen up.

[Pilist (Master)] Why thank you

[Pilist (Master)] I would like to see the Ambassador's rooms

[Pilist (Master)] while she is busy here,

[Pilist (Master)] it is almost midnight

[Pilist (Master)] holds out an arm to Marisu

[Pilist (Master)] please show me the way

[Marisu]] (TMO) smiles. "No doubt. I'm afraid there are a few places off limits without Mistress Branwyn's personal escort. For your own safety, of course. It's not wise to fiddle with the things of mages.

[Pilist (Master)] I know how dangerous her body can be he whispers into Marisu's ear

[Pilist (Master)] but I only need a wash room, not her library

[Pilist (Master)] (to Marisu) thank you for your assistance, I can handle it from here

Marisu (TMO)] Of course, sir. If you need any more assistance, please let me know.

[Pilist (Master)] smiles


[Branwyn (Lisa)] I must find Wisewoman thyme

[Wisewoman Thyme (Master)] Indigo thank you

[Indigo (Lisa)] I called for you as soon as it was over

[Wisewoman Thyme (Master)] I hear that it went as well as I could have hoped for

[Wisewoman Thyme (Master)] perhaps even better

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] without flames, thankfully

Branwyn (Lisa) walks over and bows "Wisewoman Thyme, I am so happy to see you again."

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It has been so long.

[Wisewoman Thyme (Master)] smiles at Branwyn,

[Wisewoman Thyme (Master)] pulls her arms open

[Wisewoman Thyme (Master)] looks her up and down

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles

[Wisewoman Thyme (Master)] you have far too many memories

[Wisewoman Thyme (Master)] you need to let some go

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I hope I have served you well.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I am trying.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Indigo is wiser than I am

[Branwyn (Lisa)] He tells me what I need to hear.

[Wisewoman Thyme (Master)] you have one more duty tonight I believe?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Yes. One more.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] You shall drink?

[Wisewoman Thyme (Master)] to old friends

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I hear your boy is beautiful. I am so happy for you.

[Master] Time of Day: 11:56 PM. Day 15 Pen ___ tre, Kye {Late Winter} 15th, 1266 TGR.

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] is jilly serving the midnight drinks? she may need a hand

Joseph Shortkin (Master) hands Branwyn a large crystal goblet

[Master] everyone seems to have a drink in their hand

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] why so it is! how i did not notice

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Thank you

[Master] that is Atribella's gift

[Master] and the crowd turns towards Branwyn

Mr. Silver (Master) raises a silent toast to Branwyn

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I feel like I have spoken too much already this evening. But I am feeling the pain of this day somewhat, watching over this trial. And other things I suppose.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] So I shall be brief and simply take my poison and well I should in rememberance of love lost and in hopes of better days.

Branwyn (Lisa) raises glass and drinks

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] in remebrance of love lost

[Master] Time of Day: 12:02 AM. Day 16 Mid ___ tre, Kye {Late Winter} 16th, 1266 TGR.

[Marisu]] (TMO) raises a glass and toasts.

Kenna Westfoot (Spring) drinks

[Marisu]] (TMO) drinks.

[Ilero]] (TMO) sips.

Branwyn (Lisa) closes her eyes and opens after a moment

[Michael] /hugh checks that no one is watching and dumps his glass out.

[Shurkural]] (TMO) downs her drink.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Well, it is good we are all still here.

[Master] the crowd starts to filter out

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] good night. good night. have a lovely evening

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] er morning

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I want to collapse

[Master] quietly there are suddently half a dozen servants cleaning up

[Marisu]] (TMO) appears suddenly at Branwyn's side. "I think that went rather well, don't you?"

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Oh I hope so.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I know I talked of casting the feign death spell. but after it all, I couldn't do it.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I couldn't.

[Marisu]] (TMO) nods sympathetically. "Understandable. It's only theatrics anyways. The toast is the main thing."

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] please do not be distressed

[Marisu]] (TMO) looks around. "Umm.. Do we need to make sure Pilist is shooed out of the building?"

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] no one seems disappointed

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Besides my death is going to be the topic of conversation for a while no sense pretending on top of it.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Thank you Kenna. I hope not

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Did Pilist leave? I think he may have.

[Michael] Your death isn't going to happen as long as we are with you Bran. Don't speak like that

[Branwyn (Lisa)] But I can handle that.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] It is someone else's death along with mine that I worry about.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] This is not fair to any of you, but let us talk of it tomrorow. I am so tired.

[Ilero]] (TMO) snorts.

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] let us rest. it has been such a long day

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] and some of us still tired from the journey too

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I think I shall visit Phillipe and see how he is doing and then head up for bed.

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] i think a soothing tea is in order

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] would anyone care for some?

Marisu (TMO)] Yes. Let the servants do their job without us underfoot. Philippe will make sure it's all taken care of.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] He is in bed Marisu.

[Branwyn (Lisa)] He was hit with the flame of a hell hound and could have died.

[Marisu]] (TMO) bites her lip. "Oh dear. I forgot. I'm so used to him being around."

[Branwyn (Lisa)] I am actually happy you three weren't here for it. Bad enough with everyone else.

Marisu (TMO)] Let me go and check on him for you, Branwyn. You go to sleep. I'll make sure everything's wrapped up here.

[Jilly (Master)] Kenna, I put a pot of hot water in your room

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] i will come look in on him too

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Thank you Marisu.

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] thank you jilly!

[Jilly (Master)] and Phillipe is tied to the bed

[Jilly (Master)] he tried to get up twice

[Jilly (Master)] I made sure he would not again

[Jilly (Master)] grins

[Michael] I need to take care of Mercy and get some work done. May I have a few hours in your laboratory Bran?

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Jilly!

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Of course Hugh.

[Michael] Thank you.

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] we can probably persuade him to stay put

[Marisu]] (TMO) wiggles her fingers mystically.

Branwyn (Lisa) smiles

[Branwyn (Lisa)] Please untie him.

[Kenna Westfoot (Spring)] certainly